Examination performance is scored as follows: 10 (excellent); 9 (very good: above-average knowledge but with some mistakes); 8 (very good: solid results); 7 (good); 6 (adequate: knowledge satisfies minimum criteria); 5–1 (inadequate). In order to pass an examination, a candidate must achieve a grade between adequate (6) and excellent (10).
Students must meet all requirements defined by the study programme and produce and successfully defend a doctoral thesis to complete their studies.
University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Social Work (And other foreign higher education institutions under bilateral agreement with the Faculty of Social Work.)
At least higher education in the field of social work or exceptionally in some other field, as follows:
- a second-cycle study programme or
- a university study programme adopted prior to 11 June 2004, or
- a study programme that leads to vocations governed by EU directives, or another non-structured master’s degree study programme assessed at 300 ECTS credits, or
- a study programme leading to a Master of Science or specialisation following the completion of study programmes leading to a university qualification (study requirements totalling at least 60 credits are recognised for candidates) or
- a study programme leading to specialisation following the completion of a professional higher education programme (prior to enrolment in the INDOSOW doctoral programme, study requirements under the second-cycle programme “social inclusion and justice in the field of handicap, ethnicity and gender” totalling 30 credits are determined for such candidates, specifically in the subjects “methodology of critical research in social work” and “practical field work”).
Knowledge of English is a special condition.