Latvian qualifications database (...more
- Able to perform intellectual operations at the level of knowledge, understanding, use and simple analysis.
- Uses knowledge and theoretical understanding in wide-ranging complex activities.
- Able to obtain and evaluate information independently.
- Uses wide-ranging knowledge and skills for the solution of well-formulated, but unknown and unforeseeable problems.
- Has detailed, theoretical knowledge and understanding corresponding to the professional qualification.
- Has wide-ranging skills and proficiency essential for the profession corresponding to the professional qualification.
- Able to perform the work of executor independently, including the planning and supervision of the work to be performed.
- Knows and is able to apply appropriate technologies.
- Able to apply information acquisition and processing technologies in professional activity.
- Latvian language proficiency developed and foreign language(-s) proficiency improved.
- Knows and understands links between historical developments of their county, Latvia, Europe and world.
- Able to apply mathematical knowledge and skills in professional work.
- Able to apply knowledge about the facts and laws of natural sciences in professional activity.
- Able to evaluate the processes occurring in nature and society and comprehend them in their system and development.
- Understands the principle of coherence of ecological space and observes the environmental protection requirements in professional activity.
- Understands the basic principles of market economy.
- Able to find their place in the economic structures of society and able to operate therein.
- Understands the economic relationship between employer and employee and knows the relevant legislation.
- Has a conception of the political structure of the European Union, as well as of the principles of single economic area and the mobility of the labour force.
- Evaluates their abilities adequately.
- Plans activity in compliance with circumstances, possibilities and their abilities.
- Plans time in accordance with task.
- Able to make justified choice and make a decision independently in familiar and less familiar circumstances.
- Able to answer for the quantitative and qualitative result of their professional activities, assumes partial responsibility for the work performed by others.
- Is determined, systematic and rational when working.
- Is careful and accurate.
- Able to assume initiative.
1. The KNOWLEDGE at the level of notion:
1.1. Fundamentals of electronics.
1.2. Fundamentals of the structure of computer systems.
1.3. Operating system fundamentals.
1.4. Computer network technologies.
1.5. Trigonometric functions.
1.6. Set theory.
1.8. Algorithms and data models.
1.9. Object-oriented programming fundamentals.
1.10. Business fundamentals.
1.11. Fundamentals of health education.
1.12. Principles of ergonomics.
1.13. Collective protective equipment.
1.14. Research methods.
1.15. Principles and techniques for the preparation of presentations.
2. The KNOWLEDGE at the level ofunderstanding:
2.1. Electro-communication theory.
2.2. Transmission systems.
2.3. Electrical engineering fundamentals.
2.4. Computer and telecommunications network protocols.
2.5. Architecture of telecommunications networks.
2.6. Electric current.
2.7. Electric charges and electric field.
2.8. Electromagnetic interaction, electromagnetic field, and interaction of time-variable electric and magnetic fields.
2.9. Methods for measurement of physical units.
2.10. Materials, their types, and characteristics of substances and materials.
2.11. Basics of record keeping.
2.12. Professional terms in the official language and one foreign language.
3. The KNOWLEDGE at the level of use:
3.1. Wired and wireless telecommunications networks and components.
3.2. Maintenance of telecommunications networks.
3.3. Optical fibre connection technology.
3.4. Cable connection technology.
3.5. Telecommunications equipment, mechanic and electric tools, their types and usage.
3.6. Measurement of telecommunications network parameters and usage of measuring devices.
3.7. Ways of fastening cables.
3.8. Telecommunications equipment and its management software.
3.9. Fundamentals of configuration of routing devices.
3.10. Text editor.
3.11. Spreadsheet programs.
3.12. Types, classification and computer-aided drawing of schemes.
3.13. Standard symbols of telecommunications network components.
3.14. Regulatory enactments regarding the installation, construction and supervision of telecommunications networks.
3.15. Fundamentals of mathematical statistics.
3.16. Mathematical statistics software.
3.17. Fundamentals of technical drawing.
3.18. Practical applications of mathematics.
3.19. Official language.
3.20. One foreign language at the level of communication.
3.21. Communication psychology.
3.22. Principles of professional ethics.
3.23. Principles and techniques for the preparation of presentations.
3.24. Basic principles of the execution of documents.
3.25. E-mail and other communication software types.
3.26. Regulatory enactments regarding occupational safety.
3.27. Fire and electrical safety regulations.
3.28. Handling situations involving current leakage.
3.29. Regulatory enactments regarding environmental protection.
3.30. Workplace hazards.
3.31. Hazardous waste, its storage and utilization.
3.32. First aid.
3.33. Personal protective equipment.
3.34. Legal employment relations.
1. To assess the compliance of telecommunications access network with the needs of telecommunications network users.
2. To assess the compliance of telecommunications network with operational requirements and work readiness.
3. To install the cable systems for telecommunications networks and ports both indoors and outdoors.
4. To design telecommunications network and install its cable connections both indoors and outdoors.
5. To connect wired and wireless telecommunications network components.
6. To connect the telecommunication equipment to the relevant interfaces.
7. To select the most appropriate technologies to be applied during the work process.
8. To evaluate the performance of the telecommunications network and its components.
9. To configure switching and routing equipment.
10. To detect and prevent damages to the telecommunications network and configuration errors in telecommunications network equipment.
11. To service power supply systems of telecommunications equipment.
12. To measure the parameters of wired and wireless telecommunications networks and analyze the parameter measurements of the wired and wireless telecommunications networks obtained during the inspection of the telecommunications networks.
13. To replace the damaged telecommunications network components.
14. To select and use devices, materials, mechanic and electric tools, measuring devices and software systems conforming with the work process.
15. To consider network improvements on the basis of the values of the main telecommunications access network performance parameters.
16. To make conceptual designs, technical drawings and computer-aided layouts necessary for the installation and improvement of telecommunications networks.
17. To prepare the documentation of the telecommunications network to be installed.
18. To use the standard symbols of the telecommunications network components.
19. To read and understand the technical drawings and documentation necessary for the work process.
20. To prepare and present proposals for future infrastructure improvements, as well as the installation and modernization of the telecommunications network.
21. To plan work tasks, their sequence and deadlines.
22. To communicate and cooperate with other specialists and company’s management and observe recommendations and instructions.
23. To contact, communicate and collaborate with the existing and potential telecommunications network users.
24. To execute documents in compliance with the particular work task.
25. To act according to the operating instructions of devices and equipment used for work purposes.
26. To assess the compliance of the results with the work task and take responsibility of his/ her work outcome.
27. To obtain, evaluate, select and use information.
28. To comply with the regulatory enactments, standards and requirements set out in the technical documentation applicable to the installation, construction and supervision of telecommunications networks.
29. To improve his/her professional expertise.
30. To be proficient in the official language.
31. To be proficient in one foreign language at communication level.
32. To use the professional terms in the official language and one foreign language.
33. To comply with the principles of professional ethics and regulatory enactments regarding labor relations.
34. To comply with the operational requirements applicable to the workplace and usage of the work equipment.
35. To comply with the regulatory enactments regarding occupational safety and health protection according to the workplace and equipment.
36. To comply with the regulatory enactments regarding occupational safety and environmental protecti
- Profesionālās izglītības kompetences centrs "Rīgas Tehniskā koledža"
BRASLAS IELA 16, RĪGA, LV-1084
Telecommunications engineering technician (3522 01)
Certificate of general basic education
Formal (through education programmes)