Latvian qualifications database (...more
- Able to perform intellectual operations at the level of knowledge, understanding, use and simple analysis.
- Uses knowledge and theoretical understanding in wide-ranging complex activities.
- Able to obtain and evaluate information independently.
- Uses wide-ranging knowledge and skills for the solution of well-formulated, but unknown and unforeseeable problems.
- Has detailed, theoretical knowledge and understanding corresponding to the professional qualification.
- Has wide-ranging skills and proficiency essential for the profession corresponding to the professional qualification.
- Able to perform the work of executor independently, including the planning and supervision of the work to be performed.
- Knows and is able to apply appropriate technologies.
- Able to apply information acquisition and processing technologies in professional activity.
- Latvian language proficiency developed and foreign language(-s) proficiency improved.
- Knows and understands links between historical developments of their county, Latvia, Europe and world.
- Able to apply mathematical knowledge and skills in professional work.
- Able to apply knowledge about the facts and laws of natural sciences in professional activity.
- Able to evaluate the processes occurring in nature and society and comprehend them in their system and development.
- Understands the principle of coherence of ecological space and observes the environmental protection requirements in professional activity.
- Understands the basic principles of market economy.
- Able to find their place in the economic structures of society and able to operate therein.
- Understands the economic relationship between employer and employee and knows the relevant legislation.
- Has a conception of the political structure of the European Union, as well as of the principles of single economic area and the mobility of the labour force.
- Evaluates their abilities adequately.
- Plans activity in compliance with circumstances, possibilities and their abilities.
- Plans time in accordance with task.
- Able to make justified choice and make a decision independently in familiar and less familiar circumstances.
- Able to answer for the quantitative and qualitative result of their professional activities, assumes partial responsibility for the work performed by others.
- Is determined, systematic and rational when working.
- Is careful and accurate.
- Able to assume initiative.
1. The knowledge necessary for performance of the basic tasks of the professional activity at the level of notion:
1.1. engineering graphics;
1.2. laws, regulations standards and other regulatory documentation of the related industry;
1.3. applied research methodology basics;
1.4. basics of business;
1.5. human resource management basics.
2. The knowledge necessary for performance of the basic tasks of the professional activity at the level of understanding:
2.1. basics of biochemistry ;
2.2. process validation and principles of equipment qualification;
2.3. pressure equipment and its operation;
2.4. classification of premises;
2.5. computerised design programmes;
2.6. basic document management;
2.7. quality assurance;
2.8. professional terminology in the official language and in one foreign language.
3. The knowledge necessary for performance of the basic tasks of the professional activity at the level of use:
3.1. basics of chemistry;
3.2. basics of microbiology;
3.3. basics of biotechnology;
3.4. classification and labelling of chemical substances;
3.5. biotechnological processes;
3.6. of biotechnological production equipment and auxiliary equipment, basic principles of their construction and operation;
3.7. biomass separation techniques, equipment types, construction and principles of operation;
3.8. biotechnological products distribution and purification processes;
3.9. biomass inactivation techniques in the field of biotechnology;
3.10. processing methods of biotechnological production process end product;
3.11. types of technological communications, its structure and basic principles of operation;
3.12. types of technological communications connection and operating principles;
3.13. technological schemes, their types and their labelling;
3.14. methods of sampling, labelling and storage principles;
3.15. packing methods, equipment and materials;
3.16. basic principles of labelling;
3.17. types of equipment labelling;
3.18. metrology and measuring instruments;
3.19. laboratory work equipment;
3.20. electrical equipment;
3.21. aseptic methods and hygiene requirements;
3.22. industrial washing principle and equipment;
3.23. disinfectants and their types;
3.24. sterilisation processes, its types and equipment;
3.25. cleaning and disinfecting equipment, types and applications;
3.26. decontamination types;
3.27. classification of the waste and its management types;
3.28. automatic and remote process management system;
3.29. principles of good production practice;
3.30. work organisation;
3.31. work safety (collective and individual means of protection, workplace ergonomics, fire safety, electrical safety requirements, first aid, action prior to the accident and in emergency situations);
3.32. basic principles of environmental protection, legislative and regulatory requirements;
3.33. communication psychology;
3.34. professional and general ethical principles;
3.35. official language;
3.36. one foreign language at professional communication level;
3.37. information technologies;
3.38. employment legal regulations and requirements.
1. Perform visual and technical assessment of biotechnological equipment, auxiliary equipment and technological communications.
2. Read process flow and ensure its implementation according to specific biotechnological process.
3. Ensure biotechnological equipment and technological communication connection and disconnection.
4. Perform biotechnological production process in accordance with technological documentation.
5. Prepare and sterilize medium in accordance with technological documentation.
6. Create process material balance.
7. Prepare inoculum, regents and other materials that are necessary for biotechnological production process in accordance with the regulatory documentation.
8. Perform biomass separation by using appropriate equipment, and distribution of the ready product in accordance with technological documentation.
9. Take samples for quality control.
10. Assess the results of the quality control.
11. Summarise the results of biotechnological production process.
12. Identify deviations from the technological mode, and establish the necessary corrective actions.
13. Perform experiment in accordance with plan/protocol for the purpose of the optimisation of final product production process.
14. Optimize biotechnological production process according to own competence.
15. Perform the biotechnological production process end product distribution in accordance with the technological documentation.
16. Perform the biotechnological production process end product purification process
17. Perform biotechnological production process end product treatment (concentration, drying, palletising) in accordance with technological documentation.
18. Pack and label biotechnological production process end product.
19. Ability to apply biological origin (including hazardous) waste processing and transfer principles.
20. Fill in, control and summarise biotechnological production process documentation, organise its movement.
21. Develop and update the documentation of production.
22. Label biotechnological equipment, auxiliary equipment and technological communications and materials.
23. Organise new equipment installation.
24. Perform qualification tests for equipment in cooperation with other departments and suppliers.
25. Perform biotechnological equipment, auxiliary equipment and technological communications cleaning and decontamination.
26. Provide preparation of washing and bleach solution.
27. Use aseptic work techniques and to ensure compliance with the hygiene requirements.
28. Ensure a clean and tidy work environment.
29. Apply good production practice principles.
30. Read and understand industry related laws, regulations, standards and other regulatory documentation.
31. Use recourses rationally.
32. Perform work individually and to be responsible for own work results.
33. Work in a team, to avoid conflict situations, to prevent and resolve conflicts.
34. Comply with professional and general ethical principles.
35. Find, analyse, select information on latest technologies in related profession, and independently improve professional competences.
36. Comply with the requirements of the labour protection laws and regulations.
37. Provide the first aid.
38. Act in prior to the accident and emergency situations.
39. Comply with environmental protection regulations and requirements.
40. Know the official language.
41. Know one foreign language at the professional communication level.
42. Use professional terminology in the official language and one foreign language.
43. Use information technologies.
44. Comply with employment legal regulations and requirements.
- Olaines Mehānikas un tehnoloģijas koledža
ZEIFERTA IELA 2, OLAINE, OLAINES NOVADS, LV-2114
Biotechnologist assistant (3141 27)
Certificate of general basic education
Formal (through education programmes)