The National Qualifications Registry of Greece is a special software application (Database) that will include the qualifications classified in the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and referenced to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
The graduates of the Department of Information and Communication Systems Engineering are capable to:
- Recall, explain, and present the basic principles of the science of computers and communications.
- Connect the theoretical background of computer and communication science with the design, selection, composition, and application of computer and communication technologies.
- Design, develop, manage, and assess IT and communication systems.
- Analyse the requirements of the uses and beneficiaries of IT systems.
- Design, develop and evaluate software applications.
- Design, develop and evaluate databases.
- Design, develop, manage, and assess computer networks and telecommunication systems.
- Design and evaluate the safety of IT and communication systems.
- Apply technologies for the protection of IT and communication systems, and for the protection of privacy.
- Design, make use of and assess analogue and digital circuits.
- Describe, explain, and make use of microprocessors.
- Report, explain, and evaluate the basic architectures and the operating systems of computers.
- Design and implement technologies for artificial intelligence, managing information, and analysing large data volumes.
- Design, analyse, and make use of techniques for processing signals and multimedia data.
- Manage IT projects.
- Design, develop, and manage electronic businesses and e-commerce applications.
- Describe and analyse the legal and regulatory context, and correlate it with the IT and communication technologies.
- Investigate and analyse issues related to IT and communication technologies and synthesise solutions.
- Design and suggest solutions for actual problems related to IT and communication technologies, while explaining and presenting their suggestions.
- Contribute to technological, social, and financial growth.
BACHELOR DEGREE (PTYCHIO/DIPLOMA ANOTATIS EKPAIDEFSIS)
The subject of the Department is the provision of quality scientific technological education, which aims to the creation of engineers with thorough knowledge and skills about the Information and Communication Technologies. Specifically, the objectives of the Department could be summarised as follows:
- Education of new engineers about the design, development, evaluation, and application of information and communication systems.
- Cultivation of knowledge and skills for graduates, allowing them to cope with competitive labour environments, become active in research, follow postgraduate studies, and stay up to date with the developments of research and technology through continuous learning. The Programme of Studies includes the following:
- Theoretical and mathematical background of the science of computers and communications.
- Analysis, design, development, management, and assessment of IT and communication systems.
- Development of software applications.
- Computer networks.
- Safety of information and communication systems.
- Analogue and digital circuits and microprocessors.
- Computer architecture.
- Operating Systems.
- Artificial intelligence, robotics, artificial vision.
- Signal processing and multimedia.
- Distributed systems.
- E-commerce and electronic entrepreneurship.
- Legal and regulatory framework.
University of the Aegean
Λόφος Πανεπιστημίου 81100 Μυτιλήνη, Τηλ:2251036000 Φαξ:2251036009 Email: email@example.com
The graduates have the following:
(a) Qualifications for appointment in the Secondary Education in positions falling into branch "University Education 19" (Presidential Decree 268/2004, Government Gazette 268/ Bulletin Α'/28.12.2004, supplementing P.D. 118/1995, Government Gazette 75/Bulletin Α'/18.4.1995).
(b) Qualifications for appointment in posts of the Public Sector, in branch "University Education - Informatics" (P.D. 347/2003, Government Gazette 315/Bulletin Α'/31.12.2003).
(c) The option of registering as members in the Technical Chamber of Greece (TEE) in the branch of Electrical Engineers.
Access to this type of qualification have those who have completed at least the secondary education (level 4).
Holders of such qualifications gain access to study programmes at the same level or at level 7 or 8.
Qualifications of this type are acquired via formal education.