Diplomas are issued to students who complete all obligatory modules/subjects (a total of 49 credits), elective modules (61 credits), one free elective subject (5 credits) and a diploma thesis (5 credits).
- Matura or vocational matura (previously school-leaving examination); or
- master craftsman/foreman/shop manager examination, three years' work experience and test in general education subjects at the level required for the vocational matura in secondary vocational education.
Additional conditions for enrolment:
Candidates will present original works in the form of a portfolio:
- with at least 10 drawings of observed subjects or products of a maximum size of 50 x 70 cm, demonstrating knowledge of and proficiency in the basic laws of freehand drawing. The portfolio should contain drawings in any drawing techniques; or
- at least three products (or photographs of products with a brief description) made from one or more materials and demonstrating the candidate's knowledge of and proficiency in the basic techniques (technologies) of manufacture and design; or
- at least one maquette demonstrating the candidate's knowledge of and proficiency in the basic techniques (technologies) of design, manufacture and material.
Students' knowledge is assessed by means of practical exercises and seminar papers, and also via products, projects, performances, services, etc. and by examinations. Examination performance is graded as follows: 10 (excellent); 9 (very good: above-average knowledge but with some mistakes); 8 (very good: solid results); 7 (good); 6 (adequate: knowledge satisfies minimum criteria); 5–1 (inadequate). In order to pass an examination, a candidate must achieve a grade between adequate (6) and excellent (10).
Šolski center Srečka Kosovela Sežana, Višja strokovna šola; Šolski center Maribor, Višja strokovna šola; Lesarska šola Maribor, Višja strokovna šola