Providers of procedures for identifying and validating NVQs are entered in a register of providers maintained in the collection of the national information centre for vocational qualifications. These are: vocational schools, companies, B2B training centres, adult education centres and chambers of commerce.
Candidates demonstrate attainment of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the catalogue of standards of vocational knowledge and skills.
- During the guidance process the candidate prepares a personal portfolio, which a committee then assesses, validating catalogue content in part or in full.
- If the committee is unable to validate all the contents of the catalogue, it assigns tasks to the candidate for verification.
METHODS OF VERIFICATION OF VOCATIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Candidates undergo a training test before a panel charged with verifying and validating vocational qualifications. The aptitude test takes place in writing and orally or in writing only and has a maximum duration of 180 minutes. During the test candidates may use literature defined by the testing panel (the use of international and national regulations is permitted).
Candidates must pass the following:
- a general test (not necessary in the case of refresher training) and
- a test in one of two special categories (road transport or rail transport).
- A higher vocational qualification and three years' work experience in the carriage of dangerous goods, or
- a secondary technical qualification and five years' work experience in the carriage of dangerous goods and
- a certificate of attendance of training for security consultants, as prescribed in section 1.8 of the European Agreement concerning the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road (ADR), (Uradni list RS, 9/03, 66/03, 9/05, 9/07, 125/08, 97/10 and 14/13).