Objective(s) of a study programme:
The programme is designed with the aim to prepare highly qualified specialists in ethnic culture those will be able to organize and carry out research on ethnic culture, to analyze and to evaluate the ethnic culture phenomena in the context of the region's history and social processes, to teach and to write analytical articles analyzing the ethnic culture, to develop and implement various national and international ethnic cultural projects, to carry out their assessment, to scientifically advice on ethnic culture different organizations of science, education, tourism, public institutions and organizations.
• to use the latest theories and methods of ethnology and folklore in ethnic cultural studies properly;
• to provide scientific advice on culture to science and education, tourism, to various public institutions and organizations;
• to analyze diverse cultures scientifically, to evaluate contemporary ethnic and cultural processes, impact of culture on personality;
• to collect, organize and analyze scientific material on the Lithuanian ethnic culture and its heritage, to compare it with heritage of other European nations;
• to write analytical articles related to ethnic culture;
• to carry out research on ethnic culture (in scientific and educational institutions, museums, archives, libraries, national and regional parks);
• to develop and implement research projects related to culture;
Activities of teaching and learning:
Lectures, seminars, consultations, discussions, professional games; individual and group tasks as well as their presentation; practices; individual work;
Methods of assessment of learning achievements:
Tests; evaluation of individual and group tasks and their presentations; evaluation of written individual work; exams; defense of bachelor thesis;
Students select 4 optional courses from those listed below:
Psychological Anthropology: cross-cultural studies on gender and life cycle
Ethnic music and modern pop music
Management of ethnic cultural projects
Research of contemporary culture: Theory and Methodology
Culture of Lithuanian ethnic groups
Lithuanian society in the 19th century.
Europe and its regions
Distinctive features of a study programme:
Training of highly qualified professionals in ethnology with expertise in Lithuania and the region's traditional and modern cultures in the context of all European cultures.