- Minimum general or technical secondary education of any field,
- medical certificate on whether the candidate meets the specific health requirements for work in the chemical industry issued by an occupational doctor, and
- five years of working experience in the pharmaceutical or chemical industry.
Providers of procedures for identifying and validating NVQs are entered in a register of providers maintained in the collection of the national information centre for vocational qualifications. These are: vocational schools, businesses, B2B training centres, adult education centres and chambers of commerce.
Candidates demonstrate attainment of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the catalogue of standards of vocational knowledge and skills.
During the counselling process candidates prepare a personal portfolio which the committee evaluates and if the candidates have provided credible, appropriate and relevant evidence of knowledge, skills and competences as required by the professional standard, the committee:
1. may attest to the contents of the professional standard in full,
2. may attest to the contents of the professional standard in part and determine the knowledge, skills and competences to be further examined,
3. may not attest to the contents of the professional standard, because the candidate has not demonstrated the knowledge, skills or competences required by the professional standard and determine to further examine the professional standard in full as appropriate.
EXAMINATION METHODS FOR PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Upon examining the personal portfolio the committee shall decide on an examination method:
4. Practical examination with oral defence
5. Practical examination with defence of a written thesis*
*The candidate prepares a written thesis prior to examination in the form of a report of their operational work in the production process (planning, supervision and/or introduction of new technological processes and improvement in the operational part of the production process). The instructions for preparing the written thesis are pre-determined by the committee upon reviewing the candidate’s personal portfolio. In their written thesis the candidate needs to prove that he or she has attained the required professional competences according to the requirements of the professional standard Chemical technologist in production process.