- A secondary technical or general education qualification and two years' work experience in the field of cinematography; or
- a secondary vocational qualification and five years' work experience in the field of cinematography; or
- an assistant camera operator NVQ and five years' work experience in the field of cinematography and
- a previously prepared project assignment containing:
- own AV recording of an event (fiction, entertainment or sport genre) in CD or DVD format,
- plan of camera position on the set for an individual shoot (PDF format saved to CD), and
- the camera operator's contribution in terms of form and content to the visualisation of the project (in PDF format, saved on a CD).
During the counselling process, the candidate prepares a portfolio. The relevant committee assesses the portfolio and validates catalogue content in part or full. If the committee is unable to recognise all catalogue content, it assigns tasks to the candidate for verification.
An oral presentation consisting of a presentation and explanation of a project assignment and theoretical mastery of technical skills in the relevant field.
Candidates demonstrate attainment of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the catalogue of standards of vocational knowledge and skills.
Providers of procedures for identifying and validating national vocational qualifications are entered in a register of providers maintained in the relevant database of the National Reference Point for Occupational Qualifications. Providers include: vocational schools, companies, inter-company training centres, adult education centres, chambers of commerce, etc.