Objective(s) of a study programme:
Is to develop a business analytic specialists, who are able to apply complex quantitative and qualitative methods of research and analysis in their professional activity, to integrate the theories of economics, management and marketing and practical solutions for the analysis, evaluation and forecasting of enterprise activities, according to internal and external changes in the environment and prospects with knowledge of standards and methods of organization and implementation modern business material and information flows, which allow forming the directions of business functioning and development, based on the principles of sustainable development and orientation towards innovation and technological progress, able to prepare proposals based on a systematic, critical and constructive thinking for improvement and development business, and to be able constantly improve by self-studying through lifelong learning.
- To know the principles of fundamental, humanitarian, social and economic sciences which are necessary for forming an analytical world outlook and methods, and possibilities to apply them in business analytics in order to know and evaluate phenomena of the social, economic, scientific and technological progress which relevant to businesses functioning and development.
- To know the principles of organizing and implementing business analytics work, methods and models permitting to perform analysis of business and economic processes of company, to evaluate the state of an enterprise and development opportunities, to prepare proposals, considering changes in national and international legal, political, economic and business environment and innovative processes that require creative solutions and allowing companies to deal with performance analysis and optimization of the management challenges in implementing the business goals to develop a sustainable business outlook and companies to gain competitive advantages.
- To be able to apply a holistic, systematic, innovative approach for assesing environmental and business performance of an enterprise, to think critically and understand different viewpoints, to collect and analyze the data which is necessary for identifying development opportunities of an enterprise and its efficient functioning, to identify the processes ongoing in an enterprise and its environment, to foresee the directions for improving the performance of an enterprise and considering the results of research and analysis to form proposals and possible solutions.
- Be able apply economic and business laws, principles, quantitative and qualitative research methods to the analysis of business activities, the business environment, summarizing the results of studies by reasoned proposals and possible solutions, in order to adapt to constant economic and business environment changes, taking into account the risks and uncertainties.
- Be able to analyze and investigate independently underlying causes of businesses, the social and economic phenomena, patterns, trends and management options, to apply the latest basic and applied research, based on management, economics, marketing and other disciplines, to improve knowledge of business analytics systems in an enterprise.
- Be able independently select to the real situation, trends and analyze the patterns of appropriate methods and their combinations to form models of the processes allowing effectively deal with practical challenges of enterprise performance management, business processes and improve business outcomes in the most effective ways to apply modern management methods and models for analyzing and optimizing the company's operations, its relationships with customers, suppliers, dealers and other business partners.
- To be able to communicate with professionals and company management solving analytical tasks, to convey scientifically based knowledge and analytical results in business, management, and economics, evaluate and to convey their practical performance and achievements, based on analytical, systematic and critical thinking.
- Being able to communicate verbally and in writing information, ideas, knowledge and possible solutions.
- Be able to apply independently the latest data and information collection, analysis, processing and evaluation methods to achieve the objectives for provided company's activities analysis.
- Be able to combine their knowledge for new demands and to supplement them with the latest knowledge in order to improve efficiency of their activities.
Activities of teaching and learning:
In order to enhanse student's self- learning and lifelong learning the following teaching and learning methods are planned in study programme discussion of problematic situation, case studies, problem -based tasks, interactive (computerized) tasks, discussions and presentations of scientific and practical problems, preparation and presentation of slides, essays, project preparation, individual and group work, brainstorming, mind maps, expert methods.
For each study subject the consultations are provides in order to meet individual student needs. Consultation hours allocated according the scope of the subjects.
Practical skills will be supported by course projects, practices, thesis 1,2. The practice provides a deeper exploration of business analytics problems, which are solved in preparing final thesis.
Methods of assessment of learning achievements:
Study asssessment methods such as oral testing methods (individual, frontal survey), written verification methods (written survey, test, etc.), practical verification methods (exams, reports, etc.) used to check whether the students have achieved expected results. Solutions will be applied to the assessment of a variety of assessment methods: individual and group presentations, observation analysis essay, interviews, reflective notes, analysis, reports, analysis, testing under semi-or fully open-ended questions, and more.
Study subjects (modules), practical training:
General direction of the main subjects of study size - 60 credits, special study field subjects - 45 credits, specialization - 57 credits. Educational and Professional Practice - 15 credits, Thesis - 17 credits, other subjects - 46 credits.
Main subjects are: Introduction into Business Analysis, Business Fundamentals, Microeconomics, Management, Marketing, Macroeconomics, Fundamentals of Law, Accounting, Product Cost, Introductory Practice, Entrepreneurship, Pricing, Business Insurance.
Specialization subjects: Operation Research in Business, Statistical Analysis of Data, Data Management, Business Communication for Analytics, Research of Business Marketing, Strategic Business Analysis, Optimization Methods in Business, Managening and Modelling Business Processes, Analysis of Business Feasibility.
You can choose the same course additional courses, you can choose courses from another field of science, and you can freely choose additional general subjects (12 credits).
Distinctive features of a study programme:
Study program is conducted in lithuanian and foreign language (English)