The National Qualifications Registry of Greece is a special software application (Database) that will include the qualifications classified in the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and referenced to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
The programme of studies of the Department of Mechanical Engineering of the Technological Educational Institute of Larissa serves the following purpose:
- cultivate and promote knowledge in the field of Mechanical Engineering;
- provide students with the necessary assets, ensuring their proper education for growth and a professional career;
- contribute to the development of knowhow and innovations through the application of scientific, technological or other knowledge, to the growth and progress of the large and medium industrial web of the country.
Following completion of studies, the learners shall be capable of:
a) having analytical knowledge over the subject of studies, delve into, expand and adjust their acquired knowledge, while being aware of the evolutionary dynamics of the field.
b) analyse and adjust the knowledge acquired, in order to apply them in the science of Mechanical Engineering, with regard to the study, design, development, manufacture, and operation of machines, devices, and production facilities, as well as of systems used for the production and management of materials and energy, focused on the economy, respect to the environment, and social acceptance.
Specifically, the learners, following completion of their studies, shall be able to:
- Apply modern scientific and technological methods for the drafting of mechanical designs (e.g. heating, cooling, air-conditioning, hydraulic facilities, fire safety, sound-insulation, gas fuels, elevators, etc.) related to facilities in buildings, and supervise the application thereof.
- Design, develop, and supervise the operation of mechanical installations and industrial production systems.
- Study and apply safety rules in mechanical facilities.
- Apply modern administrative methods in the administration of businesses or organisations.
- Apply modern scientific and technological methods, as well as administration practices with regard to the production and the certification of quality and suitability of engines and devices.
- Apply modern scientific and laboratory techniques on laboratories used for testing final products, testing procedures and issuing certificates verifying compliance with the specifications on safe operation and the protection of the environment, and for quality assurance.
- Organise the productive procedure by using modern methods for monitoring, organising, controlling, and manufacturing (with computer assistance, CAD/CAM/CIM systems, etc.).
- Develop and put in practice modern methods of processing and formulation (e.g. CNC, FMS, and robots, etc.).
- Design and supervise the application of measures for the protection of the environment against the pollution caused by energy systems, mechanical facilities and transportation means, such as the design and manufacture of internal combustion engines of anti-pollution technology.
- Deal with the design, development, installation and operation of energy producing systems using renewable sources of energy.
- Have competences of collective and group work for composite technical - financial issues falling into their specialisation.
BACHELOR DEGREE (PTYCHIO/DIPLOMA ANOTATIS EKPAIDEFSIS)
The curriculum of the Department of Mechanical Engineers covers the subject of the application and development of the science of Engineering with regard to the study, design, development, manufacture, and operation of machines, devices, and production facilities, as well as of systems used for the production and management of materials and energy, focused on the economy, respect to the environment, and social acceptance.
Upon the completion of their studies, the Graduates of the Engineering Department acquire the necessary scientific and technological knowledge and skills in order to be employed in any field of the cognitive subject of the Department, either as self-employed, or as offices or executives of relevant businesses, organisations, and agencies.
The graduates of the Department of Mechanical Engineering of Technological Education are capable of acquiring the necessary, as per international standards, theoretical and technological knowledge and skills, in order to successfully:
(a) pursue Postgraduate Studies in Tertiary Educational Institutes in Greece or abroad;
(b) follow, based on the background of their studies, the rapid developments, both in theory and technological, in their subject, and
(c) work in any field of the Department's subject, either as freelancers or as managers or executives of relevant private or public businesses, organisations, and agencies.
The core cognitive subjects of the Department of Mechanical Engineering include Mathematics, Physics and Computer Programming to an extent and level necessary for the understanding of Technological Applications in Mechanical Engineering. The general Mechanical Engineering training include Mechanics, Mechanical Drawing, Electronic Design, Thermodynamics, Internal Combustion Engines, Heating, Cooling, and Air Conditioning, Machine Elements, Electrotechnics, and the Quality Control of Materials. The Specialisation courses include courses that fall into two major directions: Construction and Energy, and include courses such as Machine Tools, Structure Design, Lifting and Transport Machines, Steam boilers - Steam turbines, Thermal Processing Devices, Internal Combustion Engines, and generally, courses related to the management of energy.
The Practical Training in the 8th Semester is held in production areas, laboratories, and generally in work areas of the specialty of Mechanical Engineer of Technological Education, with the purpose of assimilating the knowledge of the previous semesters, cultivate the ability of taking initiatives, as well as the provision of a capability for the development of skills used for the resolution of practical problems, in combination with teamwork.
Technological Educational Institute of Thessaly
Περιφερειακή Οδός Τρικάλων, Τ.Κ. 411 10, Λάρισα, τηλ. 2410 684200, fax 2410 610803, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The degree of Mechanical Engineers of Technological Education is one of the necessary titles for a) teaching the course in the primary and secondary training, b) establishing businesses in the field of Information Technology, c) working in industry businesses.
Access to this type of qualification have those who have completed at least the secondary education (level 4).
Holders of such qualifications gain access to study programmes at the same level or at level 7 or 8.
Qualifications of this type are acquired via formal education.