The National Qualifications Registry of Greece is a special software application (Database) that will include the qualifications classified in the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and referenced to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
- Have knowledge of the cognitive fields of Statistics, Actuarial Science, and Financial Mathematics.
- Know how to use composite mathematical methods in order to resolve statistical, actuarial and financial mathematical problems.
- Acquire a noteworthy mathematical background, along with the acquisition of sufficient knowledge about Information Technology, Accounting, and Economics.
- Combine the advanced competences of a positive science and business executive.
- Are capable of acquiring professional experience (through Practical Training) in Public Agencies and Insurance or Financial Businesses and Organisations.
- Know and assess business risks.
- Know and decide about the pricing of goods and services.
- Know and prepare insurance, financing, or pension plans and investment programmes.
- Know how to study the method of allocating limited resources in time.
- Know how to prepare (plan and implement) statistical studies and research in every market field.
BACHELOR DEGREE (PTYCHIO/DIPLOMA ANOTATIS EKPAIDEFSIS)
The objectives of the Programme of Undergraduate Studies in Statistics and Actuarial - Financial Mathematics are the following:
- Cultivation, promotion, and dissemination of knowledge through teaching and research.
- Preparation of scientists combining composite mathematical methods along with techniques and scientific tools of mainly financial sciences.
- Provision of excellent vocational prospects and competitiveness in the labour market.
The Programme of Studies includes the following:
23 Compulsory Courses (Microeconomics, Infinitesimal Calculus I, Applied Linear Algebra I, Introduction to Financial Mathematics, Macroeconomics, Probabilities I, Infinitesimal Calculus II, Applied Linear Algebra II, Life Insurance Mathematics I, Probabilities II, Statistics I, Informatics with Statistical Applications, Stochastic Processes I, Statistics II, Financial Mathematics I, Regression Models, Mortality Analysis, Analysis of Variance, General Insurance Mathematics I, Analysis of categorical data, Time series, Statistic Packages and Data Analysis, Econometrics)
- 3 Compulsory Foreign Language courses, not included in the degree grade (English I, II, and III).
- 21 Compulsory Elective Courses.
- 27 Elective Courses and 7 additional Elective courses from the Department of Mathematics, Direction of Mathematics and 7 Elective courses from the Department of Information and Communication Systems Engineers.
- 7 Elective, not included in the degree grade (P0), Practical Training, Music I and II, French I-IV.
- Dissertation (optional).
The following are required in order to graduate:
- Accumulation of 245 units of ECTS.
- Successful examination in 23 compulsory courses, which amount to 193 ECTS.
- Successful examination in courses among the Compulsory Elective, Elective or Dissertation categories (until at least 245 ECTS have been accumulated).
- Successful examination in the 3 Compulsory Foreign Language Courses.
University of the Aegean
Λόφος Πανεπιστημίου 81100 Μυτιλήνη, Τηλ:2251036000 Φαξ:2251036009 Email: email@example.com
According to article 39 of Law 3794/2009 (Government Gazette 156/04.09.2009), as well as Presidential decree no. 93, article 1, paragraph 4 (Government Gazette 131/05.06.2013) the graduates of the Department of Mathematics, with Introductory Direction of Statistics and Actuarial - Financial Mathematics, fall in the Branch of University Education 09, of case i), par. 8 in article 14 of Law 1566/1985.
In order to work as an Actuary, it is required to have a practice license by obtaining a certificate of Actuarial for Insurance Businesses (Presidential Decree 83, article 1, par. 3b (Government Gazette 72/10.03.2000).
Access to this type of qualification have those who have completed at least the secondary education (level 4).
Holders of such qualifications gain access to study programmes at the same level or at level 7 or 8.
Qualifications of this type are acquired via formal education.