The National Qualifications Registry of Greece is a special software application (Database) that will include the qualifications classified in the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and referenced to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
The title holder will have demonstrated knowledge and understanding of issues in the following general and specialized subjects.
• General subjects:
Mathematics, Physics-Mechanics, Acoustics, Informatics, Introduction to Sound and Musical Instruments Technology, Electronics, Electroacoustics, Human factors in technology, Radio TV production, Music Technology in Education, Psychoacoustics, Music Theory, Organology, Musical groups, History of Music, Music for the theatre and cinema, Management.
• Specialized cognitive subjects:
Recording Techniques, Digital signal and sound processing, Mixing of Sound, Post-processing and mastering, Sound support of events, Electronic sound systems, Data and algorithms in the sound, Multimedia, Midi, Informatics Special applications, Design of Musical Instruments using Isotropic and anisotropic materials, Computer aided Musical Instruments design, Materials Technology and strength, Technology Spectacle, Room acoustical design-structural materials, Computer aided room acoustical design, Digital sound synthesis.
The holder of the Degree is able to:
• Use knowledge of different technological areas associated with the sound and musical instruments to shape the business architecture. Understand the business objectives that affect the components of the architecture (data, application, security, development, etc.).
• Collect, create and validate the functional and non-functional system requirements. He/she drafts functional specifications based on the identified requirements. He/she ensures the integration of functionality to the final system design.
• Applie appropriate software architectures and / or hardware. Develop user interfaces, machine with integrated software components. Cooperate with design and application development and systems teams.
• Collect and analyse internal and external business knowledge and information needs. Configure the business conduct in structured information. Apply data mining methods.
• Understand how Internet technology can be used for purposes of trade. Understand the online environment.
• Diagnose, solve, face and document technical problems related to electronic - digital - appliances using appropriate methods.
• Prepare scientific work in a structured way and present it through lectures and using visual aids.
Regarding general skills, a graduate is able, as a professional, to:
• Produce consumables for the repair and maintenance of Musical Instruments.
• Take measurements and acoustic standards certifications and electric musical instruments.
• Prepare feasibility studies and participate in study groups for the establishment, operation, construction or expansion of units of Technology Musical Instruments, Sound Engineering and Music Production.
• Participate as publishing consultant on issues of his specialty.
• Establish and operate a shop or participate in business marketing materials and products, tools and equipment generally used in all fields of Technology Musical Instruments, Sound Engineering and Music Production.
• Operate all kinds of special workshops or undertake specific activities relating to the Technology Musical Instruments, Sound and Music Production.
• Develop technology in collaboration with other disciplines to build bodies, materials and Musical Instruments technology equipment, Sound Engineering and Music Production.
• Develop any other occupation that appears in the subject of his/her specialization, according to the current legislation.
• Evolve into the administrative and technical hierarchy relative to the areas of Technology Musical Instruments, Sound Engineering and Music Production.
• Work as executive staff responsible for the operation of laboratories and enterprises of Technology Musical Instruments, Sound Engineering and Music Production, certifying the suitability of the products.
• Work in education in accordance with the pertinent legislation,
• Work as a member of research teams in specialty subjects.
BACHELOR DEGREE (PTYCHIO/DIPLOMA ANOTATIS EKPAIDEFSIS)
The purpose of the Department of Sound Technology and Musical Instruments is to provide a high level of technological education, with the purpose of creating scientists with a high level of knowledge, skills, and competences concerning the science and technology of sound and musical instruments.
Specifically, the Department's curriculum serves the following purpose:
- Provide quality higher education, in accordance with the internationally accepted standards.
- Ensure the technological direction of studies, focused on laboratory training, in combination with quality theoretical education.
- Keep up with the latest developments in research and technology, and adjust its educational subject to them.
- Cultivate skills to its graduates, which shall enable them to cope (a) with a competitive work environment, (b) with postgraduate studies, and (c) with the need to keep up with the developments of research and technology.
- Formulate a suitable educational environment through volunteering and extrovert services provided by T.E.I. Ionian Islands, so that the graduates, apart from their technological education, formulate into complete and socially sensitive personalities.
Apart from the above, the Department of Sound Technology and Musical Instruments participates in research and development programmes, offering its students educational consulting, which is specifically focused on postgraduate studies, while developing the educational role of information technology and supporting actions for mixed learning.
The orientation, focus, and main cognitive subjects of the Curriculum:
The curriculum supports 47 courses of which compulsory is 36. Elective is 8 and optional courses 3. The elective and optional courses are distributed in two non-statutory Directions:
a) Sound Technology
b) Musical Instruments Technology
Based on the above non-statutory Directions, the undergraduate course of the Department of Sound and Musical Instruments Technology focuses on the following general principles:
- The application of modern technology in recording, analysis, synthesis, production and management of sound.
- In the arts and techniques relating to the design, construction, repair, conservation and restoration mainly stringed instruments.
- In audio applications, the design space, musical instruments, to measure environmental noise.
- The development and management of entertainment products and television production.
Key knowledge areas of the curriculum include, inter alia:
Cognitive special infrastructure objects and specialization such as:
Mathematics, Physics – Mechanics, Informatics, Informatics Special Applications, Recording Techniques, Digital sound and signal processing, Digital sound composition, Post-processing and mastering,
Sound support of events, Electronic Sound System, Electroacoustics, Technology Spectacle, Musicology, Applications Acoustics and Sound Design, Designing acoustic spaces, Design of Musical instruments using isotropic and anisotropic materials.
Technological Educational Institute of Ionian Islands
Panagoula, 29100 Zakynthos, 2695027228, 2695021064, firstname.lastname@example.org
The graduate of the Department of Sound and Musical Instruments Technology works for the private and public sector, either in collaboration with other scientists or freelance, doing research and applying technology to the modern and specialized sectors of Music Technology.
He/she carries out researches into the establishment of units related to Music Instruments Technology, their organization and function as well as their production control.
The graduate of the Department can work as teacher exclusively on Music Schools, teaching Music Technology.
In addition, the Department's Graduate can respond comprehensively to the needs of the monitoring of research development and innovation of technology and lifelong learning.
He/she can also extend and refine the knowledge of the field by conducting postgraduate studies to obtain post-graduate academic degrees (M.Sc., Ph.D.) at the Universities of our country or abroad.
Access to this type of qualification have those who have completed at least the secondary education (level 4).
Holders of such qualifications gain access to study programmes at the same level or at level 7 or 8.
Qualifications of this type are acquired via formal education.