The National Qualifications Registry of Greece is a special software application (Database) that will include the qualifications classified in the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and referenced to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
Following the successful completion of the undergraduate Programme of Studies of the Department of Mediterranean Studies, the graduates are expected to have the following:
1. They have a concise and comprehensive body of knowledge, which shall include elements from the scientific or other cutting edge developments in the fields of Archaeology, Languages of Southeast Mediterranean, and of International Relations and Organisations.
2. They understand the concepts, methods, and practices of a theoretical, scientific, and technological field of knowledge, which includes elements from the respective vocational fields, in order to delve into, expand, and increase their prior knowledge.
3. They have an understanding of evolutionary dynamics of their scientific field and have knowledge of the current innovative applications.
4. They possess analytical and advanced knowledge on their domain, including critical understanding of theories, concepts, principles, and methodologies of scientific or applied knowledge field.
1. They analyse and adjust their acquired knowledge to implement it on a variety of topics in the field of study or academic and professional field, as well as to acquire new knowledge.
2. They apply correctly the right tools and the appropriate analytical techniques in exploring key issues of their scientific field of studies
3. They resolve complex or new problems in their scientific field of study, by developing integrated and creative or innovative solutions and approaches, while also supporting the solutions and opinions in a methodical and scientific way.
4. Using scientific sources or other sources specialized in theoretical, technical, and professional issues, they gather, analyse, and choose in a critical and responsible manner, ideas, and information on the aspects of their interest.
5. They develop topics, mainly within the framework of their professional knowledge and field, based on scientific documentation and make valid judgements that take into account the relevant social, economic, cultural and ethical dimensions of the issue.
6. They communicate with laymen or specialists, in order to convey verbally, in writing and through other means, information, ideas, problems and solutions in specific topics.
1. They plan, manage and implement research tasks with supervision in the context of their scientific field of study, both at individual and collective level.
2. They transfer the knowledge and skills acquired in a professional or business context and apply them with autonomy and in a way that shows professionalism and social responsibility to plan and manage complex technical or professional activities or tasks.
3. They make decisions, evaluate and assume their responsibility in complex professional and business frames that change and evolve.
4. They are able to undertake a responsibility, within a specified frame, of the development of knowledge, skills and abilities of individuals and groups.
BACHELOR DEGREE (PTYCHIO/DIPLOMA ANOTATIS EKPAIDEFSIS)
The Department of Mediterranean Studies offer an Undergraduate Programme of Studies that leads to a degree in Mediterranean Studies with Direction on Archaeology or Linguistics of the SE Mediterranean, or on International Relations and Organisations.
The basic objective of the D.M.S. is to promote the Mediterranean region, and especially its southeast edge, as a subject of interdisciplinary approaches. This is achieved both through the systematic study of ancient cultures and of the languages of the region (with regard to their structure and historic development), and through the examination of the political, social, and economic development of the Mediterranean countries and their transnational relations.
Within the context of the Department's mission, its curriculum has the following objectives:
- The achievement of quality higher education in the scientific fields of Archaeology, Linguistics, and International Relations, in agreement with the internationally accepted standards.
- The development of interdisciplinarity for the spherical approach of the Southeast Mediterranean, of the peoples, of the cultures, and of the transnational relations developed in the past and currently.
- Its contribution to the international development of Mediterranean studies as a discreet subject (Area Studies).
- The application of new technologies to teaching and evaluation, and also to research.
- The cultivation of knowledge, competences and behaviours for graduates that shall enable them to cope (a) with a competitive work environment, (b) with postgraduate studies, and (c) with the need to keep up with the developments in the Mediterranean.
University of the Aegean
Λόφος Πανεπιστημίου 81100 Μυτιλήνη, Τηλ:2251036000 Φαξ:2251036009 Email: email@example.com
Holders of qualifications that belong to this type may work either as self-employed or in positions of responsibility in companies and organizations in the private or in the public sector.
Access to this type of qualification have those who have completed at least the secondary education (level 4).
Holders of such qualifications gain access to study programmes at the same level or at level 7 or 8.
Qualifications of this type are acquired via formal education.