The National Qualifications Registry of Greece is a special software application (Database) that will include the qualifications classified in the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and referenced to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
• Have a comprehensive body of knowledge concerning the dominating economic entity, family, and interactions thereof with natural and artificial environment.
• Have a perception of the interdisciplinarity of the scientific field of Home Economics, in which data from the social sciences are contained.
• Possess analytical and advanced knowledge of the disciplines related to the interests of Home Economics, such as economics, environment, rural economics and development, consumer education, health education, culture, nutrition, psychology and education sciences.
• Using scientific sources and/or sources specialised in matters of Home Economics, collect, analyse and choose in an informed, critical and responsible way ideas and information for those items that concern them.
• Deepen in terms of research on topics related to the subject of their studies, taking into account the social, economic, cultural and ethical dimensions of Home Economics.
• Resolve complex or new problems having understood the inextricable interaction between human societies and the environment (natural, cultural, nutritional) and its role in sustainable development.
• Analyse and adapt the acquired knowledge in order to apply it to issues concerning the management of the household unit (family) finances, nutrition and health education, communication and interaction among its members, culture and environment.
• Correctly apply the right tools for the efficient operation and management of financial and educational institutions.
• Implement appropriate teaching techniques in matters concerning the evaluation of the student and the integration of students with special needs.
• Implement the specialized knowledge and skills acquired on issues of sustainable, consumption and eating behaviour, health education, management and protection of natural and cultural environment and alternative tourism in the public and private sector.
• Are able to advise families and small economic units on issues of economy, nutrition, environment and psychosocial behaviour.
• Are able to respond to the modern role of the teacher.
• Plan, manage and conduct research within their scientific field of study, both individually and collectively, through the efficient handling of PC and the use of statistical methods.
BACHELOR DEGREE (PTYCHIO/DIPLOMA ANOTATIS EKPAIDEFSIS)
The aim of the Department is the study and scientific research of issues related to the functioning, organisation and administration of the family, such as family finances, consumer behaviour, nutrition and health education, cultural and natural environment, communication and interaction in the family, etc. ., and to provide education about these issues. The Department's curriculum includes courses relating to subjects from different disciplines such as economics, culture, environment, rural economics and development, health education, nutrition, psychology and education sciences. The curriculum of the Department of Home Economics and Ecology of Harokopio University is separated into two main directions:
1. Education in Home Economics
2. Human Ecology.
Eleftheriou Venizelou Street
Department graduates can work:
• as professors in secondary education (branch PE 15),
• as employees in the Ministry of Rural Development and Food, the Ministry of Environment, Energy and Climate Change, in the Ministry of Regional Development and Competitiveness, in Local Government and Banks,
• as small economic units advisers
• as family advisors in issues of economy and the consumer, nutrition, environment and psychosocial behaviour of households.
They can also be involved in alternative tourism and the promotion of local traditional products.
Access to this type of qualification have those who have completed at least the secondary education (level 4).
Holders of such qualifications gain access to study programmes at the same level or at level 7 or 8.
Qualifications of this type are acquired via formal education.