The National Qualifications Registry of Greece is a special software application (Database) that will include the qualifications classified in the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and referenced to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
Upon completion of studies, the graduate will obtain the necessary scientific knowledge, competences and skills to be able to handle qualitative and effectively the following subjects:
• Consulting services and integrated production management of organic products.
• Design and implementation of quality assurance systems in food production (ISO 22000) in compliance with the national and European legislation.
• Design and implementation of quality assurance systems in environmental management (ISO 14000, EMAS, Agro 2-1/2-2) in compliance with the national and European legislation.
• Acting as supervisor, auditor or inspector as defined in the standards or normative documents.
• Assessment - evaluation of the processes of food production using techniques such as the Risk Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) to ensure the production of safe and quality food.
• Acting as agricultural advisor.
• Develop and implement land management plans.
• Development and application of fertilizer plans.
• Develop and implement plans PPP.
• Packaging and marketing of all kinds of agricultural products of vegetable or animal origin.
• Staffing control laboratories and food industries to produce high quality and biological value of food.
• Take up senior staff and technical support to companies primary sector (nurseries, greenhouses, livestock breeding units) provided by legislations in force each time for the operation of these companies.
• Take up senior staff and technical support to food businesses and the control and handling of food provided by the law in force for the operation of these companies.
• Supporting operating production units and primary processing enterprises, processing, packing and distribution of food and to make estimations and investigations (in the form of reports) in facilities and operations primary sector and food.
• Selection and application of methods for the design and development of novel foods.
• To actively participate and worthily research programs to develop new products, innovative processing methods, processing and packaging of organic products.
• Have the background to work at all levels of education and vocational training.
• Be able to adapt to new requirements and changes in the general environment on the primary sector and the manufacturing of products of the primary sector and the adoption of innovative practices such as those arising from research and technology.
BACHELOR DEGREE (PTYCHIO/DIPLOMA ANOTATIS EKPAIDEFSIS)
The mission of the Department of Food Technology is to promote the development and transmission of knowledge in the production and management of production technology of organic food through teaching and applied research and to provide students with the knowledge that will ensure optimal training of scientific and professional careers and development, making them competitive in the labour market.
The result can be achieved not only through theoretical training but also through laboratory exercises and with the active participation of students in applied research. Among the goals of the Department is also the collaboration with relevant departments in Greece and abroad through student exchange programs or other research programs.
Studies include theoretical teaching, workshops, assignments, seminars and at the eighth semester internships and thesis take place. The curriculum includes courses that aim at:
• providing basic and specific knowledge related to the subject of study
• ensure skill development and the cognitive autonomy of graduates at the exercise of their profession.
Technological Educational Institute of Ionian Islands
Panagoula, 29100 Zakynthos, 2695027228, 2695021064, email@example.com
The Bachelor's Degree in Food Technology is necessary for working in the Food Technology field.
Access to this type of qualification have those who have completed at least the secondary education (level 4).
Holders of such qualifications gain access to study programmes at the same level or at level 7 or 8.
Qualifications of this type are acquired via formal education.