The National Qualifications Registry of Greece is a special software application (Database) that will include the qualifications classified in the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and referenced to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
The Department of Civil Engineers of Technological Education of the Technological Educational Institute of West Greece has two (2) directions: a) Infrastructure Engineering and b) Building Morphology and Restoration Engineering.
a) The graduate of direction Infrastructure Engineering (Technological Education) covers the subject of the design and organization of infrastructure works, of the control and management of the environment, of the technology of structural materials and of the use thereof for infrastructure projects.
- Organisation and management of work site, construction of infrastructure projects - topography.
- Design and construction of infrastructure works required for the development of a region, such as: technical projects, public transport projects, hydraulic projects (water supply networks, irrigation networks, sewage networks, etc.), and geotechnical projects.
- Preparation of financial and topography studies.
- Site organisation and management.
b) The graduate of direction "Building Morphology and Restoration Engineering" covers the subject of technology of restoration, building renovation, morphological inclusion of new buildings in a historical - traditional environment, architectural study, organization and management of site areas for construction projects, and technology of structural and composite materials.
- Design and supervision of works for the maintenance and restoration of modern or historical buildings.
- Recording and documentation of buildings and monuments using traditional or new technical methods.
- Organisation and management of construction sites.
- Collection and analysis of laboratory results in material testing laboratories.
- Preparation of studies for the morphological inclusion of the construction work in a historical - traditional environment.
During their studies, the graduates acquire the scientific and technological knowledge and skills in order to engage with the various sectors of their subject, either on their own, or as an officer of agencies or of private technical companies, in collaboration with Engineers of other specialties.
BACHELOR DEGREE (PTYCHIO/DIPLOMA ANOTATIS EKPAIDEFSIS)
The purpose of the Department is the provision of all necessary theoretical knowledge, and the application thereof in the fully equipped educational laboratories, in order for graduates to become fully educated new Engineers, ready to enter the productive process.
The technological education in the Department provides graduates with the following:
- Suitable background knowledge for direct practical work (e.g. as executives in technical companies).
- Specialised knowledge for the assimilation of new technologies.
- Theoretical knowledge for furthering their studies at a postgraduate level.
Technological Educational Institute (TEI) of Western Greece
Δ/νση: Μεγάλου Αλεξάνδρου 1, Κουκούλι, T.K. 26334 Πάτρα.
Τηλ.: 2610 325101
Holders of qualifications that belong to this type may work either as self-employed or in positions of responsibility in companies and organizations in the private or in the public sector.
Access to this type of qualification have those who have completed at least the secondary education (level 4).
Holders of such qualifications gain access to study programmes at the same level or at level 7 or 8.
Qualifications of this type are acquired via formal education.