The National Qualifications Registry of Greece is a special software application (Database) that will include the qualifications classified in the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and referenced to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
- The student formulates basic mathematical and physical knowledge used in Engineering, Strength of Materials, Statics and Materials Science.
- Recognizes the properties of construction materials used in civil engineering constructions.
- Analyses statically Isostatic or Hyperstatic Entities with Static or Dynamic Approach.
- Analyses different regulations for seismic design of structures.
- Resolves Pre-stressed Concrete Bodies, as well as metal and composite constructions.
- Distinguishes the architectural form of constructions in conjunction with their integration into the environment and energy saving in them.
- Resolves routes, alignments and surface measurements of land and parcels with GGRS 87 coordinates.
- Manages statically Bodies with any loads.
- Seismically analyses bodies and buildings of various forms and materials.
- Plans the operation of energy efficient and environmentally integrated buildings.
- Manages topics of Administration and Management in Civil Engineering projects and addresses topographic mapping issues with GGRS 87 coordinates.
- Respects building Technology in Building Projects.
- Uses Architectural concept of construction combined with their integration into the environment and energy saving in them.
- Applies the development of architecturally and functionally robust buildings with the principles of building technology.
- Applies and uses seismic regulations for Static solving of structures of different openings made of different materials.
- Applies Topographical surveys with GGRS 87 for surface measurements of land and parcels.
- Supervises small or large scale stand-alone Civil Engineering projects and constructions using various software and project monitoring techniques.
- Seeks the realization of cost- and time-optimized constructions so as to produce the best performance in projects with minimal environmental disturbance.
BACHELOR DEGREE (PTYCHIO/DIPLOMA ANOTATIS EKPAIDEFSIS)
The aim of the course is to train students with emphasis on the creation of appropriate infrastructure, so that they are able to solve various problems and issues in the constantly changing field of scientific and technological developments in the civil engineering sector. In addition, the program aims at fostering the skills that will enable them to meet modern trends and developments in the profession of civil engineer.
Studies in the Department of Civil Engineering of the Piraeus University of Applied Sciences cover subjects related to the Static Solving of constructions with Dynamic or Static method, using various Earthquake regulations and Eurocodes. It also enables the student through the curriculum to acquire Architecture concept of construction in combination with their bioclimatic and energy upgrading. Teaching subjects are:
- Mathematics, Physics and Engineering
- Technical design and PC based design
- Engineering Geology
- Environmental Chemistry and Quality Control of Construction Materials
- Strength of Materials, Statics of isostatic and hyperstatic (statically indeterminate) structures.
- Earthquake Engineering and Soil Mechanics with foundations
- Concrete, Prestressed Concrete
- Steel Structures
- Organization and Management in Civil Engineering projects.
- Environmental Management of Civil Engineering projects.
Building Architecture and Construction.
Piraeus University of Applied Sciences Technological Educational Institute of Piraeus (T.E.I. of Piraeus)
The graduate is able to pursue the profession of T.E. Civil Engineer in private or public projects at the stage of design, supervision and construction thereof.
Access to this type of qualification have those who have completed at least the secondary education (level 4).
Holders of such qualifications gain access to study programmes at the same level or at level 7 or 8.
Qualifications of this type are acquired via formal education.