The National Qualifications Registry of Greece is a special software application (Database) that will include the qualifications classified in the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and referenced to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
Upon completion of the undergraduate study programme in Tourism Management and Business Hosting, graduates possess the following:
• Have complete and specialized knowledge across the full range of functions and processes involved in the production and distribution of tourism goods and services and in the management of tourism and hospitality businesses.
• Have an analytical and advanced knowledge of the subject of Tourism Management and Business Hosting, including critical understanding of theories, concepts, principles, practices and methodologies.
• Master the evolutionary dynamics of their particular subject field so as to update, revise and adapt their knowledge to meet the needs of the business/organization, wider society and conform to internationally acclaimed standards and practices.
• Understand and analyse the economic, political, legal, social and ethical factors and trends affecting the operation and development of tourism enterprises and businesses providing hospitality goods and services.
• Resolve complex or new problems in management of tourism and hosting enterprises by developing integrated and innovative solutions and approaches, arguing for their positions in a scientific and methodical manner.
• Apply their knowledge by use of appropriate statistical, accounting and IT methods-tools to the analysis and processing of databases, as well as to shape and make decisions.
• Exploit new technological trends and implement management information systems and new technologies to approach and analyse various topics on administration of tourism and hospitality businesses.
• Handle skilfully and effectively written and verbal speech and the new technologies in their communication to all stakeholders and the public to convey information, ideas, problems and solutions to specific issues.
• Participate constructively in working groups to achieve the objectives of the business and/or agency which employs them.
• Make decisions on issues dealt by enterprises and organizations and evaluate them in the light of a rapidly changing and evolving environment.
• Plan, manage and conduct research projects with guidance, both individually and collectively.
• Transfer the knowledge and skills they have acquired in a professional or business context and apply it in a professionally and socially responsible manner.
BACHELOR DEGREE (PTYCHIO/DIPLOMA ANOTATIS EKPAIDEFSIS)
Purpose, Objectives and Scope of Study of Educational Opportunity:
To equip students with the knowledge base and skills necessary to be able to follow careers as managers in companies and organizations in the wider field of tourism and/or continue their studies at postgraduate level.
• Provision of fundamental theoretical and practical knowledge on Tourism Management and Business Hosting to students.
• Provision of expert knowledge in the fields of Tourism Management and Business Hosting.
• Development of professional skills of students using all modern methods-tools of statistics and accounting, as well as information and communication technologies in teaching, research and mentoring of students.
• Cultivation of critical and team spirit to students to contribute to the development of companies and organizations and promote social welfare.
Scope of Study:
• Knowledge of the basic concepts, principles, theories and practices of the Tourism Management and Business Hosting, of Tourism Economy, of Statistics and Quantitative Methods, Accounting, Law, Financing of Tourism Business, of Tourism Marketing, of Management of Human Resources and of Sociology of Tourism.
• Implementation of modern technology in the tourist economy and in particular the production and distribution of tourism goods and services.
• Design of programs of business activity for tourism enterprises, of record-keeping of customer accounts (Main Courante), of Human Resource Management for Tourism Management and Business Hosting.
• Planning of research for the tourism market, of sectoral studies, financial studies, feasibility studies and, in general, of studies concerning individual functions of Tourism Management and Business Hosting.
• Adaptation of the knowledge acquired by students in Computer Science, in Business Communications, in Administration, Marketing, Accounting and Statistics to a rapidly changing European and international environment.
• Management of issues relating to planning, organization, guidance and control of administrative activities of Tourism Management and Business Hosting.
Piraeus University of Applied Sciences Technological Educational Institute of Piraeus (T.E.I. of Piraeus)
Graduates in Business Administration with direction Tourism Management and Business Hosting can be employed as professionals and as managers in organizations in the private and public sectors across the spectrum of economic and administrative activities and evolve throughout the scale of the administrative hierarchy.
Moreover, they can get involved with the study, research and application of modern technology in the tourist economy and in particular the production and distribution of tourism goods and services, as well as the administrative practice in the various accommodation units and travel agencies.*
They are, finally, employed in education according to the legislation each time in force.
The professional rights of graduates are defined by Presidential Decree 356, Official Gazette 160/16-06-1989.
*Catering of hotels and food units in general, Supply of food, beverages and equipment, Business planning of tourism enterprises, Financing of tourism business, Record-keeping of customer accounts (Main Courante), Floor supervision, Exercise of supervision and administration on tourism business staff, Market research on sales of tourism goods and services, Management of food business (restaurants, cafes, etc.), bars, clubs and canteens in tourist sites of Luxury & 1st category, Drafting of revenues - expenses budget, Activities related to accommodation, feeding, or other sections of passenger-cruise ships, Activities related to tourism, travel, or other sections of air, maritime, rail companies, banks etc.
Access to this type of qualification have those who have completed at least the secondary education (level 4).
Holders of such qualifications gain access to study programmes at the same level or at level 7 or 8.
Qualifications of this type are acquired via formal education.