The National Qualifications Registry of Greece is a special software application (Database) that will include the qualifications classified in the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and referenced to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
The graduate Biosystems Engineers are capable of:
- Designing effective and safe systems and mechanisms for the production, storage, transport, processing, and packaging of agricultural products.
- Designing and developing technology and procedures for the more effective use of natural resources and the utilization of renewable sources of energy.
- Developing solutions for alternative and environmentally-friendly uses for the agricultural products of by-products and wastes.
- Designing and manufacture machinery and mechanisms, perform machinery testing, and suggest methods for improvement.
- Designing practices for the more effective use of the mechanical equipment and for controlling soil corrosion and compression.
BACHELOR DEGREE (PTYCHIO/DIPLOMA ANOTATIS EKPAIDEFSIS)
Upon completing their studies, the graduates of the Biosystem Engineering Department acquire the necessary, as per the international standards, theoretical and technological knowledge and skills, in order to successfully proceed with the following: a) pursue Postgraduate Studies in Tertiary Educational Institutions domestically or abroad, b) follow, based on the background of their studies, the fast developments, both theoretical and technological, in their cognitive subject, and c) work in every aspect of the subject of the Department, either as freelancers or as managers or executives in relevant or public businesses, organisations, and agencies.
Technological Educational Institute of Thessaly
Περιφερειακή Οδός Τρικάλων, Τ.Κ. 411 10, Λάρισα, τηλ. 2410 684200, fax 2410 610803, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The degree of Biosystems Engineer is necessary to practice this profession, as per Presidential Decree 109/1989 (Government Gazette 47/bulletin Α/10-2-89).
Access to this type of qualification have those who have completed at least the secondary education (level 4).
Holders of such qualifications gain access to study programmes at the same level or at level 7 or 8.
Qualifications of this type are acquired via formal education.