Latvian qualifications database (...more
- acquire the theorethical fundamentals of international economics integrating it with the relevant social and cultural knowledge;
- acquire the basic knowledge in economics, international economics and commercial diplomacy study subject directions;
- gain practical skills in applying international economic knowledge to the commercial and economic diplomacy – related issues;
- to perform an original analytical study on the current issue of international economy and integrate its results into bachelor’s work.
The aim of the programme is to prepare highly qualified specialists who working in state, private and international institutions will have good command in issues of international economy and commercial diplomacy, will be able to take independent decisions, handle everyday tasks and cooperate with Latvian and foreign organizations, offices and enterprises.
The tasks of academic bachelor’s study programme “International economics and commercial diplomacy” are:
- to give theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of international economy, commercial diplomacy and humanities in general;
- to enable students with skills and professional competences, as well as to develop skills to work successfully in various national and international level institutions and organizations;
- to involve students in solving concrete practical tasks in seminars, during internship and working out the bachelor’s thesis, improving skills to secure the development of industries of national economy according to growing demand, to attract foreign investments and foster the growth of export products and services;
- to develop the skills of presentations and scientific polemics, communication skills, team work skills, skills to obtain, analyse and use information as well as skills to perform data analysis;
- to ensure the command of foreign languages of different levels;
- to ensure the solid ground for continuation of studies at masters and doctoral studies level as well as skills for self-perfection.
The planned results of the programme are the ensuring of the following general and specific competences:
- orienting in the processes of the contemporary international economy and the ability to analyse them by using statistical, econometric and other methods of quantitative and qualitative analysis;
- understanding about the basic conditions of commercial diplomacy in order to participate efficiently in the activities of international trade, finance and other, including negotiations, signing of agreements, representing national or corporate interests etc.
- abilities to orient in global economic environment and to take decisions in the circumstances of global competition;
- ability to function in the institutions of Republic of Latvia and European Union as well as in other international, state, NGO and private organizations and multinational corporations.
- University of Latvia
RAIŅA BULVĀRIS 19, RĪGA, LV-1586
Certificate of general secondary education or Diploma of vocational secondary education
Formal (through education programmes)