The Flemish qualifications database contains professional and educational qualifications recognized by the Flemish Government
1. has an active knowledge of the most important theories, currents and concepts prevailing in the domain of the social sciences.
2. is familiar with the historical developments that have occurred in the fields of sociology, political sciences and communication sciences over time.
3. recognizes the cross-sections, the intersections and the cross-fertilisations that are noticeable amongst the different social sciences.
4. is able to apply social theories and concepts on a well-delineated, socially and scientifically relevant research topic that relates to the European Union or other (international) institutions.
5. knows the historical, political, juridical and socio-economic structures that shape the activities and define the agency of the European political institutions, private and public social organisations and media-organisations.
6. can formulate a valid scientific research question on a topic that relates to the social sciences.
7. can identify, gather and critically process the relevant sources and literature on a specific social sciences research topic.
8. knows how to set up a scientific and methodologically correct research design.
9. possesses the methodological knowledge and skills of data selection and data processing that prevail within the domains of the social sciences.
10. masters the techniques of good and accurate research reporting in oral and written form.
11. has an investigative, problem-oriented and critical attitude towards social, political and media-related phenomena and scientific research results with regard thereof.
12. recognizes the multilayered and complex character of social, political and media- related facts and phenomena.
13. reflects and evaluates his or her learning process and results critically.
14. acts in a professional and responsible manner.
15. is able to perform teamwork, he or she possesses good communicative skills and is solution-oriented.
16. prioritizes scientific integrity and honesty in his or her scientific research activities.
17. approaches dominant tendencies within the social and the policy domain in a critical manner.
18. has awareness of the social role and function of social scientists.
19. has knowledge of and insight into the main institutions, actors and processes of decision-making and policy-making of the European Union.