The National Qualifications Registry of Greece is a special software application (Database) that will include the qualifications classified in the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and referenced to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
Knowledge: Upon completing their studies, Department graduates acquire the necessary scientific knowledge and develop the skills and abilities as Occupational Therapists in order to be professionally active in all areas of the Department's cognitive subject either as freelancers or as officers, employees or members of scientific groups in hospitals, offices and agencies of Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Care.
Skills: A graduate Occupational Therapist, by understanding the importance of work and activity in the daily life of people, works with people of all ages who experience difficulties and / or disabilities, limitations in the execution of work and activities in their daily life, and / or difficulty in equal social participation (people with mental, physical, neurological, sensory and cognitive disorders, and people with social constraints such as senior citizens, prisoners, the homeless, refugees, etc.).
Competences: In particular, they have the abilities, skills and knowledge to be able to:
- Use a variety of assessment methods (observation, interview, weighted and non-weighted tests etc.) to assess the abilities and difficulties of the individual in the performance of his/her daily work and self-care activities, productivity, entertainment, etc.) and the factors (the person's skills and environmental data) that lead to such difficulties.
- Set objectives and plan intervention in collaboration with the person and his/her family, making use of the results of the evaluation.
- Select, analyse, classify and adjust therapeutic means, methods and techniques.
- Design, manufacture, implement and provide special aids to facilitate the participation of the individual in the operations and activities of their daily life.
- Assess and modify the environment (social, physical, etc.) to facilitate the active participation of the individual in the environment of their choice.
- Select and apply theories, approaches and methods related to occupational therapy considering relevant research data, aimed at continually improving the quality of their work.
- Develop effective therapeutic communication with individuals and groups.
- Be an active member of the scientific team.
- Organise, manage and administer a department or an agency for occupational therapy.
- Adopt the basic principles of ethics. Respect the values and diversity of people from other ethnic groups and cultures.
LEARNING OUTCOMES: The curriculum of the Occupational Therapy Department covers the subject of functional pursuits / work for the individual, the fields of self-preservation, productivity and leisure, the identification of dysfunctional elements and specific occupational therapy intervention in order to achieve the maximum level of functionality and adaptive behaviour for the individual, so as to achieve the successful assumption of functional roles of their life.
BACHELOR DEGREE (PTYCHIO/DIPLOMA ANOTATIS EKPAIDEFSIS)
The curriculum of the Occupational Therapy Department covers the subject regarding the study of the functional pursuits / works of the individual, the fields of self-care, productivity and leisure time, the detection of dysfunctional elements and the identification of custom occupational therapy in order to achieve the ultimate level of functionality and adaptive behaviour of the individual, in order to achieve successfully the functional roles of his/her life.
Technological Educational Institute of Athens
Αγίου Σπυρίδωνος, 12243 Αιγάλεω, 2105385100, fax: 2105911590, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduation from the Department of Occupational Therapy is essential for practicing the profession of Occupational Therapist.
Access to this type of qualification have those who have completed at least the secondary education (level 4).
Holders of such qualifications gain access to study programmes at the same level or at level 7 or 8.
Qualifications of this type are acquired via formal education.