Latvian qualifications database (...more
The aim of the programme is to create an opportunity for students to acquire knowledge and understanding of physics, development of scientific research skills and abilities that allow to continue studies in physics or engineering at a higher level,
- as well as promote student becoming a free, responsible and creative personality.
Within the programme key concepts, fundamental laws, principles, theories, and understanding of the general and theoretical physics,
- physical research and measurement methodology, higher mathematics and computer science have been acquired.
Abilities to get, select, analyze and summarize information from a variety of sources, reasonably discuss the content of physical problems have been promoted.
The following skills acquired:
- to define research problems, plan and organize one’s own independent creative and research activity;
- safely use physical devices;
- to collect, process and analyze research data,
- to assess their reliability;
- to apply information technologies in data processing and presentation.
Abilities to independently analyze and solve issues in physics and its applications;
- to see possibilities of physics application in other science branches;
- to take the initiative and responsibility, demonstrating a scientific approach in problem solving, team work;
- to evaluate impact of one’s professional activities on the environment and society.
- University of Daugavpils
VIENĪBAS IELA 13, DAUGAVPILS, LV-5400
Certificate of general secondary education or Diploma of vocational secondary education
Formal (through education programmes)