Latvian qualifications database (...more
Aim of the study programme:
- to provide an opportunity to acquire academic education in Mathematics in the following specialized directions:
Information Technologies in Mathematics or Scientific Basics of the School Course of Mathematics.
By dealing with academic and applied research in Mathematics, to obtain the necessary competencies for continuation of academic or professional studies, to perform professional activity.
To promote formation of creative, responsible and life-long education motivated personalities.
Results of studies:
- acquisition of knowledge in Mathematics, understanding of proofing Logics, the most important definitions and rules in Mathematics;
- ability to perform innovative activity by using the obtained theoretical courses in Discrete and Continuous Mathematics and the obtained basic skills;
- ability to use IT tools in solving mathematical problems;
- ability to individually orient oneself in mathematical literature, sort out and analyse the necessary information;
- ability to perform professional and research activities;
- ability to formulate certain mathematical problems in mathematical language and propose solutions thereof,
- ability to independently plan own learning and improve own education.
- Liepaja University
LIELĀ IELA 14, LIEPĀJA, LV-3401
Tālr.: 63423568, 63424011
Certificate of general secondary education or Diploma of vocational secondary education
Formal (through education programmes)