Latvian qualifications database (...more
- to master the basics of the theory of economic science enabling proper understanding of processes of the national economy and the selected subsector;
- to obtain the basic knowledge in study courses (for at least 70 credit points ) in one of the following sub-disciplines of economics- Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Analytical economics, Social and economic statistics, Accounting, controlling and analysis, Finances and credit, Business economics;
- to be able to solve topical economic problems, to carry out independent research in the selected subsector of economics and present the result in the Bachelor's thesis (10 credit points).
Knowledge and understanding:
- demonstrate coherent knowledge of basic rules in the history of economic development;
- orientate in theoretical guidelines of modern economics and basic directions of the specialization, i.e. accounting, finance, mathematical modelling and forecasting in economics, business, and also actual concepts of economic analysis;
- demonstrate critical understanding of the research object and provide a summary of problem solutions;
- demonstrate knowledge in basic theoretical and practical issues of economics and separate contact sciences – managerial science, law, mathematics, environment, demography, sociology, psychology, business ethics, information technology etc.
Skills and abilities:
- demonstrate basic skills in scientific research by showing analytical approach to the analysis of the research object, ability to apply theoretical knowledge in solving practical tasks in improving operational activity of a company or an institution;
- ability to find, systemize and use information data bases and apply the most appropriate statistical, econometric and other methods and techniques of analysis;
- able to carry out efficient interpretation of economic results and presentation in specialist and non-specialist audiences by understanding the meaning of professional ethics;
- ready to work in a team and is able to develop and improve one’s communication skills;
- is motivated to improve and develop one’s competence continuously by proceeding with Master Studies.
- University of Latvia
RAIŅA BULVĀRIS 19, RĪGA, LV-1586
Certificate of general secondary education or Diploma of vocational secondary education
Formal (through education programmes)