The National Qualifications Registry of Greece is a special software application (Database) that will include the qualifications classified in the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and referenced to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
Learning outcomes of the Curriculum
Regarding general skills, a graduate will be able as a professional to:
• Set appropriate components of hardware, software and networks to ensure their interoperability.
• Implement procedures and requirements analysis techniques for designing web / educational applications and systems.
• Identify related technologies and specifications necessary for the architectural design of IT projects, applications or improvements to existing infrastructure.
• Complete hardware and software components to create new systems.
• Comply with appropriate standards and control procedures to maintain integrity of all functions and system reliability.
• Design data structures and build models of system structure according to the analysis results.
• Create complete systems that satisfy operational constraints and meet customer requirements. He/she follows a systematic methodology for the analysis and the construction of components and interfaces required.
• Design and implement security policies. He/she investigates and instigates remedial measures to address any security breaches.
Regarding specific skills, a graduate will be able as a professional to:
• Create and perform quality control and software reliability procedures.
• Organize and implement educational activities in general and specific IT issues.
• Design and implement digital systems to meet specific requirements.
• Apply appropriate software programs and digital circuits principles for the implementation of embedded computing devices.
• Design, install, adjust, modify, check and maintain computer systems to meet specific operational requirements.
• Analyse and plan secure networks at all operational levels.
The graduate will have proven knowledge and understanding of issues in the following general and specialized subjects:
• Programming languages
• Methods of software development
• Database Structures and content organization
• Modelling of requirements and needs analysis techniques
• Educational Technologies
• Telematic Services
• Operating systems and software platforms
• Architectural computing
• Knowledge-based systems expert systems
• Computer networks
• Identification of patterns
• Computational intelligence
• Applications of 'internet of things'
• Automation and robotics
• Methods of reasoning and artificial intelligence
• Embedded systems
• Scientific Computing
• Database Management Systems and associated architectures
• Languages for description of technical specifications in works design
• Architecture frameworks and systems design tools
• Internet Technologies
• Information Security
• New emerging technologies (Cloud, Grid)
• Mobile technologies
• Appropriate pedagogical approaches and educational methodologies
• Parallel and Distributed systems and applications
• Computational intelligence technologies
• Human-Machine Interaction Technologies
• Robotic vehicles
• Machine learning
• Machine vision
• Development of scientific computing systems
The curriculum generally ensures to graduates adequate skills to be able to:
• Use knowledge of different technological areas to shape business architecture. He/she understands business objectives that affect the components of the architecture (data, application, security, development, etc.).
• Collect, create and validate the functional and non-functional system requirements. He/she plans functional specifications based on the requirements identified. He/she ensures the integration of functionality to the final system design.
• Apply appropriate software and / or hardware architectures. He/she develops user interfaces, operational and embedded software components. He/she cooperates in the context of teams of applications and systems design and development.
• Collect and analyse internal and external business knowledge and information needs. He/she configures business conduct based on structured information. He/she applies data mining methods.
• Understand how Internet technology can be used for purposes of trade. He/she understands the online environment.
• Diagnose, solve, face and document technical problems involving computing devices using appropriate methods.
• Conduct security checks. He/she implements monitoring and control techniques.
• Prepare scientific works in a structured way and present them through lectures and using visual aids.
BACHELOR DEGREE (PTYCHIO/DIPLOMA ANOTATIS EKPAIDEFSIS)
Purpose of the Department of Computer and Informatics Engineering is to provide high quality technological education, which seeks the creation of scientists with high level knowledge, skills and abilities in computer science and technology, communications and information technology.
In particular, the Department Curriculum aims to:
• achieve high-quality higher education in line with internationally accepted standards;
• the technological direction of study focusing on laboratory training combined with a high level of theoretical training;
• monitoring of new developments in research and technology and adapting educational object to them;
• the cultivation of skills in graduates, allowing them to respond (a) to a competitive work environment, (b) to carry out postgraduate studies and (c) to the monitoring needs of developments in research and technology;
• the development of a suitable educational environment and outward services (see Industrial Informatics Festival, Job Days).
In addition to the foregoing, the Department of Computer and Informatics Engineering participates in research and development programs, provides students with educational counselling, and also develops the educational role of information technology, supporting mixed learning actions.
The curriculum supports 60 courses, of which 29 are core courses and the rest distributed in the following three institutionalized directions, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Network Engineering.
Based on the above directions, the curriculum of the Department of Computer and Informatics Engineering focuses on the following general axes:
• Computer Science, with emphasis on theoretical and algorithmic principles of calculation, programming, and information processing. Particular attention is paid to modelling issues.
• Network and Communications Technologies, with an emphasis on analysis, design implementation and support of networks and computer systems with main objective the development and operation of advanced technologies, such as wireless sensor networks and modern IT environments such as computing Cloud or Grid.
• Software Technologies, focusing on analysis, design and implementation of software systems. Emphasis is given to developing services and intelligent applications in web environment and mobile applications.
• Information Systems, focusing on requirements analysis and the design and implementation of systems at all levels of an organization / company / industry / educational organization.
• Hardware and Computer Systems, with emphasis on the design, development and maintenance of computer systems, PC peripherals, embedded systems, advanced sensor systems as well as the design and programming of integrated circuits.
• Online Training, with emphasis on both Asynchronous and on modern eLearning services.
Technological Educational Institute of Eastern Macedonia and Thrace
LOUKAS, 65404 KAVALA
Holders of qualifications that belong to this type may work either as self-employed or in positions of responsibility in companies and organizations in the private or in the public sector.
Access to this type of qualification have those who have completed at least the secondary education (level 4).
Holders of such qualifications gain access to study programmes at the same level or at level 7 or 8.
Qualifications of this type are acquired via formal education.