Latvian qualifications database (...more
Programme graduates have acquired the theoretical underpinnings of multimedia communication and have developed advanced skills in using multimedia technologies.
They comprehend the principles of media and economics of mass media:
- are able to analyse and anticipate communication processes in a wider context and work in the field of multimedia;
- are capable of effective performance in the field of multimedia communication and successful participation in rendering production and consultancy services to different types of multimedia;
- have undergone theoretical and practical training in the application of cinema, photography, television, the Internet and music in multimedia communication;
- are able to use their knowledge and skills in management of mass media and social networks and in the field of public relations,
- as well as to use acquired knowledge in execution of multimedia projects in other fields.
After successful completion of the programme graduates will be able to carry out the following activities:
- plan and manage complex processes of content creation for different multimedia projects by working both individually and in a team;
- assume responsibility for the decisions taken in unpredictable work situations;
- independently obtain, select and analyse information and apply it;
- take decisions and solve problems in the field of communication science and deal with challenges in everyday work of the professional in the field of multimedia communication;
- demonstrate a thorough understanding of professional ethical concerns inherent in multimedia communication;
- evaluate the effects of own professional activity on the society,
- as well as contribute to academic and applied developments in the field of multimedia communication.
- Rīga Stradiņš University
DZIRCIEMA IELA 16, RĪGA, LV-1007
Certificate of general secondary education or Diploma of vocational secondary education
Formal (through education programmes)