Latvian qualifications database (...more
Graduate knows how to acquire, evaluate, assess, collect and pass on information in text, video and audio format;
- responsibly assess the sources of information, create and compose a journalistic works in various genres and formats, plan, edit and produce various media contents;
- from the professional journalistic criteria items critically examine the reality, react on it and reflect in compliance with the theoretical knowledge and professional skills.
Graduate has mastered the following high level skills:
- carry out professional and research activities to assess communication and media issues;
- analytically describe information, problems and solutions in the sector for professional journalism;
- explained and reasoned discussion the journalistic issues;
- assume responsibility and initiative working individually, in a team or managing the work of others to achieve set goals;
- make decisions and find creative solutions for journalistic and media problems in uncertain and confusing circumstances.
Graduating the programme of study a journalist and a professional in communications is able to:
- plan and manage a process of media content creation both individually and working in team;
- assume for decision-making in unpredictable work conditions;
- independently acquire, select and analyze information and make use of it;
- make decisions and solve problems in the sector of communications science and journalist’s daily work;
- demonstrate the understanding of the professional ethics in journalism;
- examine impact of the own professional activities on the environment and society, participate in the development of sector of the journalism and media.
- Rīga Stradiņš University
DZIRCIEMA IELA 16, RĪGA, LV-1007
Certificate of general secondary education or Diploma of vocational secondary education
Formal (through education programmes)