A network of centres linking together the Careers Guidance systems in Europe euroguidance promotes mobility, helping guidance counsellors and individuals to better understand the opportunities available to European citizens throughout Europe.
This course provides the technical and scientific capacity to access the courses of the second cycle.
Established in 1988, Universidade Aberta (UAb) is the only institution of public higher education in Portugal of Distance Learning. Due to its purpose, UAb uses all the time, in its teaching activities, the most advanced technologies and methods of Distance Learning, saving no geographical borders or physical barriers, and giving special emphasis to the expansion of Portuguese language and culture within the Lusophony space (migrant communities and Portuguese speaking countries). In this context, UAb offers higher education anywhere in the world (Undergraduate, Master and Doctorate degrees) and Lifelong Learning courses. All pedagogical offers are integrated into the Bologna Process and are taught under e-learning since 2008, the year that UAb became a reference European institution in the area of advanced e-learning and online learning through the recognition of its Virtual Teaching Model, unprecedented in Portugal and developed by this institution.
- Specific Access: candidates over 21 years old (different for student-workers) + High School Diploma or equivalent + exam(s) made at UAb;
- Examination for adult candidates over 23 years old.
The conditions of access and enrollment in the in the 1st cycle degree programs at UAb are distinct from the requirements in the remaining Portuguese Higher Education Institutions: students do not compete in the UAb National Competition for Access to Higher Education and UAb has no numerus clausus, accepting the possible number of students, according to the available human resources.
There are some institutions in Portugal that give scholarships to international students and it is advisable that applicants confirm every year whether these grants are available and the eligibility terms: Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation; Foundation for the Sciences and Technology;Fulbright Commission; Instituto Camões; Luso-American Development Foundation; Fundação Oriente.
See Fees (2014/15)
- Major in Artistic Studies (120 ECTS) and Minor in Arts and Heritage (60 ECTS)
- Major in Artistic Studies (120 ECTS) and Minor in General History (60 ECTS)
Graduates in Artistic Studies are entitled to work in:
- Cultural Animation and Programming: national museums; local museums and libraries; cultural organisations; municipal theatres; foundations, art galleries;
- Cultural Tourism: heritage cultural promotion;
- Social Communication: cultural criticism and promotion.
Rua da Escola Politécnica, n.º 141-147
1269-001 Lisboa - Portugal
Tel.: +351 213 916 300
By Subway: Exit the station Rato (Yellow Line)
By Carris bus: 758