Objective of a study programme:
To prepare high qualification specialists of cosmetology, who are creative, think critically and are socially responsible, understand the principles of healthy lifestyle, are able to evaluate influence of external and internal factors for health and skin, to provide procedures of cosmetology, apply modern technologies, responsibly and effectively manage the processes of beauty service business, develop and seek for constant personal and professional improvement.
The graduates of this study programme:
1. Will be able to apply knowledge of peculiarities of organism and human anatomic, physiological, pathological skin and/or skin lesions, the composition and purpose of cosmetic products, principles of performing and arranging cosmetologic procedures while providing beauty services to persons of any age.
2. Will be able to apply in their professional activity the principles of healthy lifestyle and knowledge about external and internal factor influence on health, skin and/or skin lesions, aiming to form positive customer attitudes towards areas of health, beauty and life quality improvement.
3. Will be able to gather and analyse data, to use informational technologies, to apply quantitative and qualitative research methods and to prepare research instruments, necessary to solve relevant problems of a professional activity.
4. Will be able to analyse beauty service market, the quality of provided services, and customer’s needs seeking to manage effectively the processes of beauty service business.
5. Will be able to analyse independently the condition of client’s skin and/or skin lesions, basing upon physiology and pathological changes, age criterion, by selecting targeted evaluation methods and equipment, as well as identifying aesthetic needs of a person and necessity of cosmetic care procedures.
6. Will be able to prepare responsibly and independently short-term and long-term plans of cosmetic care, taking into consideration the aesthetic needs of the client and one’s skin and/or skin lesions’ condition.
7. Will be able to analyse independently and choose responsibly cosmetic products, materials and equipment to perform cosmetologic procedures, taking into consideration their application indications, contraindications, purpose and influence on skin and/or skin lesions.
8. Will be able to perform cosmetic facial and body skin procedures independently and professionally, procedures of nail care and decorative cosmetics, taking into consideration client’s skin condition and aesthetic needs, as well as regarding requirements and arrangement principles of cosmetic products, equipment and apparatus application and procedure performance.
9. Will be able to ensure the quality and safety of carried out cosmetic procedures, in accordance with hygiene and quality requirements, ergonomic and professional ethics’ principles as well as legal acts regulating cosmetologic activity.
10. Will be able to communicate and cooperate with own and other area specialists and clients, evaluate critically professional experience, constantly learn, teach and consult clients, performing promotion of professional experience.
11. Will be able to apply communicative, creativity and critical thinking skills, aiming for personal improvement and making motivated decisions for solving aesthetic problems of a client.
Activities of teaching and learning:
Demonstration, discussion, lecture, explanation, individual work, analysis of documents, scientific and professional literature, individual work; simulation of practical situations; group and team work; case studies; project work, reflection, solution of problematic situations, research performance, simulation of managerial processes, problem-based learning, workplace practices, case studies and demonstration analysis, professional practice, preparation for examination, final thesis, etc..
Methods of assessment of learning achievements:
Cumulative assessment and a ten-scale assessment system are applied. In subject and module programmes, concrete evaluation structural elements are foreseen, their weight in final evaluation, the content of concrete evaluation tasks, criteria and requirements. When applying cumulative assessment the learning outcomes are evaluated by interim assignments. Studies of each subject end with an examination. Achieved results of Aesthetic Cosmetology study programme students demonstrate while Qualification Examination and Final Thesis.
Course Units (modules), practical training:
The main Study Field Course Units: Human Anatomy and Physiology, Microbiology and Cell Chemistry, Cosmetic Chemistry and Materials Science, General Cosmetology, Industrial Hygiene and Ergonomics, Pharmacology, Massage in Cosmetology, Make-up Techniques, Iternal Diseases and Pathology, First Aid, Professional Ethics and Aesthetics, Skin Diseases, Cosmetic Facial Care, Cosmetic Body Care, Nursing, Cosmetologic Apparatus and Equipment, Applied Research Methodology, Business of Beauty Service, Healthy Lifestyle and Rational Nutrition, Manicure and Pedicure, Clinical Cosmetology, Professional Foreign Language Qualification Examination, Final Thesis.
The Generic Course Units: Business Communication, Law, Health Philosophy, Public Health, Information and Communication Technologies, Communication Psychology.
Three professional activity internships are performed (2 Training and Final internships), total volume of internships is 30 credits.
Students may choose from Generic Course units, Study Field Knowledge Deepening and Elective course units. Eight course units are foreseen for Study Field Knowledge Deepening course units group, from them students can accumulate 15 credits. These are Makeup, Nail Art, Aroma and Phytotherapy, Light Therapy, SPA Philosophy and Technologies, Eastern Philosophy and Techniques; Trade Marketing, Sales Management. Elective course units are dedicated for interdisciplinary studies or development of general competencies, students can select these courses from the list of Elective course units. Their volume is 9 credits.
Distinctive features of a study programme:
Access to professional activity or further study:
Access to professional activity:
Graduates of Aesthetic Cosmetology study programme will be able to get employed in companies of different legal forms and ownerships: SPA centres, beauty salons, health care establishments, sanatoriums, rehabilitation centres, medical institutions, companies providing beauty services; will be able to work as consultants in cosmetics stores and cosmetology business companies, will be able to organise the independent provision of services, to establish companies according to the existing laws, to be self-employed specialist, etc.
Access to further study:
Graduates of Aesthetic Cosmetology study programme will be able to continue their studies according to the second-cycle study programmes of the group of medicine and health study fields, biomedical study area, in higher education institutions of the country and abroad. Graduates, aiming to study in the second-cycle studies of biomedical study area, have to satisfy prerequisite requirements foreseen by the higher education institution and in the description of the study field or fields group; to have knowledge and skills necessary for studies according to the group of medicine and health study fields programmes.