A network of centres linking together the Careers Guidance systems in Europe euroguidance promotes mobility, helping guidance counsellors and individuals to better understand the opportunities available to European citizens throughout Europe.
Located in a border region, the University of Beira Interior has taken a clear Iberian vocation, embodied in academic and scientific projects developed with other national and foreign universities. Thus, this work for peninsularity, as well as the need for specialists on the two languages resulted in the establishment of a degree in Portuguese and Spanish Studies. The course is intended for all students wishing to have a degree in Portuguese and Spanish and allows the continuation of studies in a second cycle through education or research, a challenge that University is able to respond to through the 2nd cycle courses it offers. In addition to theoretical and practical lessons, students can deepen their knowledge of Portuguese and Spanish language, literature and culture by attending the language laboratory, or by its participation in the several initiatives of the Department of Arts, such as Seminars, meetings or workshops, besides the exchange provided by the Erasmus program.
The University of Beira Interior is today a landmark institution at national and international level of education, research, innovation and entrepreneurship.
Always willing to provide a solid background in several different knowledge’s, UBI currently has 27 first cycle programmes, 47 second cycle programmes and 26 third cycle programmes distributed through five faculties: Faculty of Sciences, Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Social and Human Sciences, Faculty of Arts and Letters and Faculty of Health Sciences.
For information about Faculty of Arts and Letters, click here.
6 semesters, 3 years
Have successfully completed secondary school or have an equivalent qualification
Have completed one of the following university entrance exams (central exams prepared by the Ministry of Education and Science): Spanish Language; or English Language; or Portuguese Language
There are some institutions in Portugal that give scholarships to international students and it is advisable that applicants confirm every year whether these grants are available and the eligibility terms: The International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience; Fulbright.
1037,20 €/academic year
At the end of the course students should be able to:
- master the four skills on their mother tongue and on a foreign language (listening, speaking, reading and writing);
- demonstrate a thorough and contrastive knowledge of the languages, literatures and cultures involved;
- develop studies and work in the Portuguese and Spanish languages;
- develop written and oral versions of one language into the other;
- demonstrate a critical, creative and reflective approach to the linguistic, literary and cultural reality;
- use both languages correctly, with creativity and adapting them to different communication contexts;
- autonomously perform tasks related to teaching, research, translation and other socio-cultural activities involving the mastery of the two languages.