Third-cycle doctoral study programmes (SQF level 10)
Examination performance is scored as follows: 10 (excellent); 9 (very good: above-average knowledge but with some mistakes); 8 (very good: solid results); 7 (good); 6 (adequate: knowledge satisfies minimum criteria); 5–1 (inadequate). In order to pass an examination, a candidate must achieve a grade between adequate (6) and excellent (10).
- first-cycle study programme in the field of social work, sociology, social pedagogy, pedagogy, psychology or law involving acquisition of 240 credits or
- first-cycle study programme in another professional field involving 240 credits; previously the candidate must have passed differential examinations (20 credits), including three subjects of 4 credits each, and practical work amounting to 8 credits; subjects are: introduction to social work, theory of social work, research seminar and practice; in accordance with Article 38 of the Higher Education Act, these obligations must be fulfilled prior to enrolment in the master’s programme or
- three-year revised first-cycle study programme involving acquisition of 180 credits; the candidate must complete an extra year and thereby acquire the missing 60 credits or
- 4-year professional higher education programme in the fields set out in the first indent; the candidate may enrol in the master’s programme under the conditions given in the first indent or
- 4-year professional higher education programme in another professional field; the candidate may enrol in the master’s programme under the conditions given in the second indent or
- 3-year professional higher education programme; the candidate may enrol under the conditions given in the third indent.
Passing all the examinations of the programme (30 credits), completion of practical work (10 credits) and completion of master’s thesis with a successful defence (20 credits).
University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Social Work