Feasibility Study: Modelling the EU Economy as an Ecosystem of Contracts
Related topicsJustice and Consumers
EX ANTE PUBLICITY FOR NEGOTIATED PROCEDURE FOR LOW VALUE CONTRATS / Feasibility Study: Modelling the EU Economy as an Ecosystem of Contracts / JUST/2018/RCON/PR/JU03/0118
We expect the study to address the following key questions:
- What are the core concepts in the current modelling approach of the EU economy? What types of data are collected and which measurement concepts exist within this approach?
- How did these concepts relate to the historical development of economic trade, the structure of the EU (or U.S.,. or international, as applicable) economy?
- How did the internet and the World Wide Web standard influence the structure of economic trade? What are the consequences for the adequacy of measuring and modelling economic trade?
- What kind of data has become available that had not been anticipated in the previous modelling approach?
- What are the opportunities and challenges attached to these new data formats, including liability issues specific to such data?
- Which existing data sources, data collection methods, data methodologies are available to model the EU economy as an ecosystem of (legally enforceable) contractual relationships?
- Where are concepts and/or methodologies missing to achieve a satisfactory modelling result?
- Is there a need to identify and authorize new actors to develop and maintain such a methodology?
- At the final stage, we anticipate a report, which will encompass the aforementioned elements. The contractor will cooperate closely with the European Commission.