A New Deal for Consumers: Commission strengthens EU consumer rights and enforcement
Related topicsConsumer policy
While the EU already has some of the strongest rules on consumer protection in the world, recent cases have shown that we need to further strengthen public and private enforcement so that all citizens also fully enjoy these rights. Furthermore, EU consumer rules also need to be brought up to speed with the digital age.
For more information:
- Communication: A New Deal for Consumers
- Proposal: Directive on better enforcement and modernisation of EU consumer protection rules
- Proposal (+ Annexes): Directive on representative actions for the protection of the collective interests of consumers
- Impact Assessment: Impact assessment
- Summary: of the Impact Assessment
- Opinion: Regulatory Scrutiny Board opinion
- Press release: A New Deal for Consumers: Commission strengthens EU consumer rights and enforcement
- MEMO (Questions and Answers): A new Deal for Consumers
- Factsheet: What is the European Commission doing for consumers?
- Factsheet: What benefits will I get as a consumer?
- Factsheet: What benefits will I get as a business?
- Factsheet: How will the new Collective redress mechanism work?
- Factsheet: How can Public Authorities boost consumer protection?
- Web site: The New Deal for Consumers web site
- Study: Study on transparency in online platforms