2nd ePitching to Procurers of innovation against COVID19
Following a first very successful EIC ePitching event against COVID19 organised last 30 April, the European Innovation Council and DG RTD, People Directorate, dealing with Health Innovation Unit (Coronavirus research and innovation), are organising a 2nd ePitching to Procurers of innovation against COVID19 on 17 November 2020.
More than 155 people followed the last event online, amongst which more than 59 participants representing more than 50 procurement organisations. For this 2nd ePitching the Commission wants to go even further in hosting more public and private procurers, to follow the e-pitching of 20 to 25 very innovative companies/SMEs of the European Innovation Council Accelerator and of the Horizon 2020/FP7 framework programmes.
Once again, public and private procurers will have an instrumental role in some the following aspects:
- Defining your needs of innovative solutions; if you have (new) needs please describe them in the attached Excel and send them back to our colleagues (below) - Before 15th September
- Selecting the companies you want to see pitching: Between 6 October to 11 October
- Attracting new procurers; please forward the invite to peer organisations/procurers that you may know. An official early warning will be published on the EIC website - Before 30 October
Regarding your needs definition and the e-pitching sessions, the focus will again be on the 3 following topics, but if you have new topics please let our colleagues know - Before 15th September
- Medical devices, supply chain and logistics management
- Biotechnology / Health - pharmaceuticals (including antimicrobials), diagnostics and testing, among other)
- Tools for Prediction & stopping the spread of new diseases