The Norwegian Financial Mechanism 2014-2021 opened a new call for proposals in Bulgaria, “Improving the national asylum and migration capacities, especially as regards the provision of services to third-country nationals seeking international protection and to third-country nationals granted temporary protection with a special focus on vulnerable groups”.
Each project proposals must devote a minimum of 55% of funding to soft measures, such as training, knowledge exchange, information and publicity, for example.
The eligible activities include:
- renovation, maintenance, covering operational costs, etc., of the reception facilities for vulnerable asylum seekers with a focus on unaccompanied minors
- providing accommodation and related services
- providing social, health and educational services and psychological assistance
- measures to improve the identification of vulnerable third-country nationals (TCNs) as well as measures addressing their needs
- organising Bulgarian language courses
- providing supporting services such as translation and interpretation
- facilitating the communication process between institutions and TCNs;
- providing legal services in terms of protection procedure, TCN rights and obligations, etc.
- developing, printing and distributing information brochures about rights and obligations of TCNs
- aiding the capacity building of national institutions, NGOs and international organisations dealing with asylum and migration, as well as with temporary protection legislation
- developing and implementing specific procedures and standards for referral, reception, care and guardianship and representation of unaccompanied minors
- training of staff of relevant entities to enhance knowledge, expertise and management skills to support and protect vulnerable TCNs
- strengthening the cooperation among national institutions and NGOs working with TCNs
- envisioning the further development of asylum and migration policy
- helping the exchange of knowledge and best practices between Bulgarian and Norwegian stakeholders
The total amount of funding for the call is just under €1.5 million, with the minimum project grant amount to be applied for set at €200 000, and the maximum - at €1 million.
Eligible project partners include public or private entities, both commercial and non-commercial, NGOs established in either Norway, Bulgaria or other Norwegian Financial Mechanism beneficiary states or a country with a common border with Bulgaria, as well as international organisations.
The deadline for submissions is 9 September 2022.
See all the details about the open call.
- Publication dates
- Geographic area
- Posted by