European Commission: The European agenda on migration
On 13 May 2015, the European Commission presented a European Agenda on Migration outlining the immediate measures that will be taken in order to respond to the crisis situation in the Mediterranean as well as the steps to be taken in the coming years to better manage migration in all its aspects.
Among the four pillars "to manage migration better", the agenda presents the key elements of "a new policy on legal migration":
- Review of the Blue Card directive
- Establishment of a dedicated platform of cooperation with Member States, businesses and trade unions on economic migration
- Cheaper, faster and safer remittance transfers
- Reflect on the development of an “expression of interest system” which would use verifiable criteria to automatically
make an initial selection of potential migrants.
- Maximising the development benefits for countries of origin
Read the European Agenda on Migration here.
Read all the related documents here.