The potential of sport as a tool for social inclusion has been well documented. Sport projects contribute to the social inclusion of refugees in host communities, and the opportunities such projects provide are increasingly welcomed in EU Member States. This preparatory action is a contribution to this effort and to a better integration of refugees through sport.
Through concrete actions aiming at integrating refugees through sport, the expected outcomes of this preparatory action will include:
- Promoting the direct engagement of refugees and host communities
- Promoting a Europe-wide approach, increasing the potential for host communities to successfully engage and integrate refugees through sport
Expected project outputs:
- Organise sport activities for refugees
- Promote the practice of sport and physical activity by refugees
- Promote the cooperation of refugees and host communities in the organisation of sport activities
The total budget earmarked for the co-financing of projects under this call for proposals is estimated at 1,650,000 EUR. The EU grant is limited to a maximum co-financing rate of 80% of eligible costs. Grants will range from a minimum of 200,000 EUR to a maximum of 300,000 EUR per project, and the European Commission expects to fund approximately 6 proposals (i.e. to sign 6 grants of 275,000 EUR in average).
The deadline to submit applications is 1 June 2020 at 12:00 (noon) Brussels time.
For all information about requirements and applications, please visit the website of the call for proposals
- Publication dates
- Geographic area
- EU Wide
- Posted by