Situation of foreigners, migration and integration in the Czech Republic 2020 (Unofficial translation)
Zpráva o situaci v oblasti migrace a integrace cizinců na území České republiky v roce 2020 (Original language title)
This document presents the 2020 edition of the Czech Republic's annual report on migration and the integration of foreigners, from the perspective of the country's Interior Ministry. It provides a historical comparison of relevant indicators, along with an analysis of migration trends and policy measures.
Key statistic given in the report include:
- Migrants make up 5.9% of the Czech population;
- The number of migrants in the Czech Republic has increased by 6.5% since 2019;
- This increase has been driven by increased demand in the workforce, especially in the industrial sector;
- The number of foreign workers has reached 644 164 people;
- Economic activity has been - for the fourth year in a row - the most frequently stated purpose of long-stay visa applications (61.6 % in 2020);
- There has been a drop in criminal activity among migrants;
- The number of asylum seekers has decreased by 39.4 %: only 1 164 people applied for international protection in the country in 2020.
The report serves as an initial basis for defining the needs of the Czech Republic in the areas of migration, the integration of foreigners and international protection.
In addition, supplementing the report is an assessment of the national strategy for the integration of foreigners which was implemented in 2020.