Poland: NGOs establish an informal consortium on refugee and migrant issues
9 Polish non-governmental organisations active in migrant and refugee issues have joined forces to create an informal consortium which aim is to strengthen its members activities, both when supporting migrants and refugees and when addressing the Polish society as a whole, including volunteers and other organisations.
- The consortium particularly wants to:
- raise the quality of the public debate on migrants and refugees through nationwide social campaigns and local dialogues
- improve the quality of assistance provided by each NGO and specialised support for local leaders
- design new integration tools to adapt to changing circumstances
- share knowledge and ultimately act as a think tank on integration issues
The consortium is composed of Amnesty International, Helsinki Foundation for Human Rights, Migrant Info Point (Poznań), Polish Migration Forum, Nomada Association (Wrocław), Uchodźcy.Info and "Bread and Salt", Our Choice Foundation, Association for Legal Intervention and Homo Faber Association.