Italy: AMIF call for proposals now published (Unofficial translation)
The current national plan of the Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund (AMIF) focuses on strengthening the reception system of asylum seekers - with specific emphasis on 1st reception phase. It mainly aims at overcoming the logic of emergency interventions and implementing structural interventions. A second goal is to promote measures for autonomy, empowerment and socio-economic inclusion of migrants, as well as to create structures dedicated to the 2nd reception phase and integration. The Ministry of Interior has therefore launched a call for proposals for projects targeting the implementation of reception, integration and repatriation of third country nationals.
Proposals should cover the development and implementation of various measures aiming to achieve the following objectives:
- Strengthening the autonomy of beneficiaries of international protection, through the definition and set-up of individual plans towards socio-economic inclusion;
- Strengthening the system of health protection for asylum seekers and beneficiaries of international protection in vulnerable conditions, through increased institutional capacity;
- Strengthening the protection of minors (separated or accompanied), through training and capacity building activities;
- Strengthening the skills of public servants working in the area of migrant integration;
- Strengthening of services provided within the anti-discrimination network;
- Promoting of comparisons between integration policies developed in Italy versus in other Member States
Other objectives include the elaboration of:
- Regional plans for civic-linguistic training;
- Experimental Services for language training;
- Operations for Assisted Voluntary Repatriation and Reintegration
Applicants must electronically submit project proposals as of 29 January until 16 March 2016. Registration, PEC certified mail and digital signature are mandatory to the application procedure.