Ireland: New Hub to tackle racism and promote political participation
A new Integration Hub has been launched by the Immigrant Council of Ireland to meet the needs of Ireland’s increasing diversity. The Hub will promote political and civic engagement while also tackling racism. It will provide direct services as well as engage in campaigning and advocacy actions in these two main areas. Some of its main activities will be:
- Working with Local Authorities
- Running holistic anti-racism campaigns
- Running media training for migrants
- Hold intercultural events, in partnership with Places of Sanctuary
- Providing intercultural awareness and anti-racism training
The Immigrant Council’s Integration Hub is supported by funding from Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund.