Europe: €50,000 for the Top 3 of the European Social Innovation Competition
The 3 winners of the 2016 Social Innovation Competition will each receive a prize of €50,000. This year's edition focuses on refugees and migrants, and encourages applications led by or co-created with one or both target groups. Under the theme "Integrated Futures", the European Commission is looking for innovations in products, technologies, services and models that can support the integration of refugees and migrants.
Innovations can relate to any aspect of the reception and integration process including, but not limited to, ideas around:
- education and skills development
- employment and entrepreneurship
- access to appropriate housing and health services
- safety and human rights
- community cohesion and cultural diversity.
The competition is open to individuals, groups and organisations across the European Union and in countries participating in the European Horizon 2020 programme. It is divided in 2 phases:
- Out of the total of entries received, 30 semi-finalists are to be selected to receive mentoring support to further progress their ideas. They will be invited to take part in the Social Innovation Academy, and to network with other European organisations and potential partners in their field of activity.
- Out of the 30 semi-finalists, 10 finalists will be invited to the Awards Ceremony where the 3 final winners will receive a prize of €50,000 each.
Application is possible until 8 April 2016.