Prague - IOM Summer School on Migration Studies 2018
There are still a few spots available for the 2018 IOM Summer School on Migration Studies, organised by the International Organization for Migration (IOM) in Prague, in cooperation with the Faculty of Science of Charles University in Prague. The summer school will host university students and young professionals for 7 days of lectures, workshops and discussions on different migration topics, including integration, labour migration, human trafficking, environmental migration and gender.
The programme features lectures from various experts in the migration field and is scheduled to include the following topics, among others:
- Global migration trends
- Migration theories, realities and myths
- Environment and migration
- Migration and demography
- Mixed migration
- Assistance to refugees
- Good migration governance as a prevention measure against human trafficking
- Inclusivity as a precondition of integration
- Transnational lives of immigrants
- Migration and gender
- Visualising refugees: cultural representations of people on the move
The programme is intended for university students and young professionals. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for information regarding registration for the remaining spots.