Sweden: Integration after COVID-19 (Unofficial translation)
This webinar, organised by Immigrant Index (Invandrarindex), will involve researchers and other experts for presentations and discussions on the Swedish Government's action programme for integration.
The programme will be structured around the following topics:
- Labour market;
- Civil Society / Democracy;
Questions to be discussed include:
- How are Sweden and Europe preparing for a return "back to normal" after the pandemic? What is "normal"?
- How has the labour market changed for newly arrived migrants due to the pandemic?
- Has the pandemic made newly arrived migrants change their plans for the future?
- Do we see differences between newly arrived migrants' trust in Swedish social bodies and that of the rest of the population?
- What indirect health effects has the COVID-19 pandemic had, in Sweden and other parts of the world?
- Discrimination in the rental housing market: does it occur? What do newly arrived migrants and other migrants think in comparison to the general population?
In addition, results from studies conducted by the Immigrant Index during 2020 and 2021 will be presented. Presenters will include Eskil Wadensjö, Lars Trägårdh, Anders Bergman and others.
The deadline for registration is 8 April 2021, and there is a participation cost of SEK 875 per person.