Prague – Conference on education and capacity-building for work with migrants
The Q-SER project—Qualitative Services at Local Level for Migrants and Refugees—focuses on the intercultural training of local government professionals on the skills and knowledge they need to work with migrants. As part of the project, a conference on 13 May 2019 in Prague will introduce an innovative e-learning module for professionals who provide assistance and counselling to migrants.
The conference is intended for participants from governments, regional authorities, academia, NGOs and other institutions from the Czech Republic, Greece, Spain and Germany. Participants coming from outside Prague may be eligible to receive accommodation and reimbursement of costs. Those interested in participating in the event should contact email@example.com or call 603 518 855.
- 13:00 Introduction – presentation of the Q-SER project
- 13:30 – 14:20 Presentation of the Q-SER e-learning education module
- 14:20 – 15:00 Current development and challenges in the spheres of integration, migration and education of professionals providing assistance to immigrants in Spain and Greece
- 15:30 – 16:00 Enhancing intercultural competences of public administration staff
- 16:00 – 16:30 Removing intercultural barriers in public institutions
- 16:30 – 17:00 Discussion – sharing of integration practices and experiences
Q-SER is a partnership among the Municipality of Egaleo (Greece), Drosostalida social enterprise (Greece), InTraCoM Group, Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Germany, Andalusian Municipality Fund for International Solidarity, MC2020 (Spain) and the International Organization for Migration Prague.