NPICR conference, Prague: We accept, integrate and educate children of migrants (Unofficial translation)
On October 15 the National Pedagogical Institute of the Czech Republic (NPICR) will hold the fourth edition of its teaching conference.
As in previous years discussion will focus on measures taken by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports to support children who are migrants or have migrant parents. An additional focal point this year will be how these measures have been or will be affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Plenary session (9.00-11.00)
- Introduction of a methodological package for schools educating pupils with a different mother tongue.
- Introduction to activities provided for teachers by NPICR's regional support centres.
Sharing functional practices (11.20-14.00)
- Supporting the distance learning of migrant children at preschools.
- Supporting the distance learning of migrant pupils at elementary schools.
- Supporting the distance learning of migrant pupils at secondary schools.
Afternoon workshops (14.00-15.45)
- Mandatory inclusion of "Czech as a secondary language" classes.
- How to evaluate the abilities of migrant students.
More info and detailed programme (in Czech)
In the case of tightened pandemic restrictions the conference will be streamed online.