The Nordic Council of Ministers in Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia, in conjunction with UNHCR and Vilnius-based non-governmental organisation Diversity Development Group, are holding an international 'kick-off' conference for the FOR-IN: Fostering Refugee and Immigrant Integration project.
The focus of the event is community mobilisation and psychosocial support for refugees, immigrants, their children, and unaccompanied minors in the context of a rapid increase in new arrivals. The conference will provide the opportunity to exchange practices in and knowledge of providing assistance to immigrants and refugees, namely in 2015 and 2016 as well as in June and July of 2021, when Lithuania and Latvia saw a sudden influx of people crossing the border from Belarus, and in February of 2022, when the Nordic-Baltic region experienced a rapid increase in numbers of new arrivals due to Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
Conference speakers include representatives from the following organisations:
- Nordic Council of Ministers in Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia
- UNHCR Representation for the Nordic and Baltic countries
- Partnership Skåne (Sweden)
- I Want to Help Refugees (Latvia)
- Refugees Welcome Stockholm (Sweden)
- Kompis Sverige (Sweden)
- MONIKA – Multicultural Women‘s Association (Finland)
- Danish Refugee Council, Estonian Refugee Council, Finnish Refugee Council
- Ukrainian organisation for Eastern Norway (Norway)
- SOS Children’s Villages (Norway)
- Gothenburg university (Sweden)
- Lithuania's Ministry of Social Security and Labour
- The Refugee Reception Center (Lithuania)
- Lithuanian Red Cross
- Diversity Development Group (Lithuania)
- Numerous municipalities, cities, and districts of Lithuania, Finland, Sweden, Latvia
The event will be held in English with simultaneous translation into Lithuanian, and will also be livestreamed on the Facebook and YouTube pages of the Diversity Development Group. Please note that livestream will only be available in English.
No pre-registration is required to attend the event.
- Vilnius Townhall (31 Didzioji street, Vilnius)
- Diversity Development Group, Nordic Council of Ministers in Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia, and UNHCR
- Posted by