On international day for the elimination of violence against women on 25 November, a public event will be held in Brussels to present the 'Draw the Line Against Violence Against Women and Girls' project. The event will be hosted by secular association AWSA-Be, which promotes the rights of women originating from the Arab world, in collaboration with the European Network of Migrant Women.
The event programme includes:
- An exhibit of Hanane Khaldouni’s paintings showing violence committed against girls and women;
- A roundtable with women experts and activists on migrant women’s rights;
- A presentation of the Draw the line Against Violence Against Women and Girls platform which aims to raise awareness about sexual and gender-based violence;
- An artistic performance entitled 'WORLD WIDE WOMEN', created by a group of asylum-seeker women from the Transe-en-Danse company.
The event is co-funded by the European Union's Europe for Citizens programme.
- Darna, Rue des Pierres 25/27, 1000 Bruxelles
- European Network of Migrant Women & AWSA-Be
- Posted by